Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this standard milage loss?

Viro

Apr 30, 2019
Indiana (U.S.A.)
Purchased a 2018 Model S 75D with 18k miles.

When I picked it up it was at 60% charged, I took it home and the following week when Tesla transferred the VIN I headed to a Supercharger and increased my charging to use the max battery capacity.

When supercharging was complete I had 241 miles. I thought the 75D should be closer to 257 at full charge and with only 18k on it that seems low.

Should I be concerned or is it all part of the Tesla experience.

Thanks for your time,

Matt

P85_DA

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2015
CA
hard to say unless you do a balancing of the battery ,ie run down low than charge up high ..few times ..in general the numbers you show I wouldn’t be concerned ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: JulienW

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
Being concerned about range loss is a huge part of the Tesla experience.

At least until you set your display to percentage and just get over it. It's pretty liberating.

241 miles at 100% is about 7% loss. Definitely in the range of expectations for a 75, and you will likely find it fairly stable there from here on out.

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H and P85_DA

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC