TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is this standard milage loss?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Viro, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Viro

Viro Member

Purchased a 2018 Model S 75D with 18k miles.

When I picked it up it was at 60% charged, I took it home and the following week when Tesla transferred the VIN I headed to a Supercharger and increased my charging to use the max battery capacity.

When supercharging was complete I had 241 miles. I thought the 75D should be closer to 257 at full charge and with only 18k on it that seems low.

Should I be concerned or is it all part of the Tesla experience.

Thanks for your time,

Matt

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

hard to say unless you do a balancing of the battery ,ie run down low than charge up high ..few times ..in general the numbers you show I wouldn’t be concerned ;)

• Disagree x 1
  3. Eriamjh1138

Eriamjh1138 Member

Being concerned about range loss is a huge part of the Tesla experience.

4. ucmndd

ucmndd Well-Known Member

At least until you set your display to percentage and just get over it. It's pretty liberating.

241 miles at 100% is about 7% loss. Definitely in the range of expectations for a 75, and you will likely find it fairly stable there from here on out.

• Love x 2
  5. Viro

Viro Member

Thank you very much for your input!

Matt

6. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Well-Known Member

Well, I hate the % display and won't ever use it, but yes, get over it!

7. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

Check out the class action lawsuit (and potential NHTSA investigation) over battery capacity capping. Not sure if your vehicle is part of the group, but worth checking out:

Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software