TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is this the refreshed Model S Interior?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Baymax3, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Baymax3

Baymax3 Member

Saw this online. Not sure if it is a fake or if its the new S interior refresh.

Attached Files:

2. EKoS

EKoS Model S P4291

That’s the original Model S prototype interior from the first unveiling in ~2011. Definitely not a new refresh, though those broad horizontal air vents look a bit familiar...

• Informative x 2
  3. Haxster

Haxster Member

What's that?...Door pockets?
    Why, yes!
    What happened to these?
    I want 'em on my S.
    Where's my Dremel tool?

4. IchDochNicht

IchDochNicht Member

Interesting to see this again. I was really disappointed by the Model S production interior when production started. But I came to appreciate its minimalism.

What I don't appreciate is the lack of door pockets, but I can live with this.

More annoying are the vents in the dash. They don't provide the needed adjustments, so you have either too little air, or have it blow in your face and dry out your eyes. I have never understood why some people like to direct cold air directly on their bodies - all it does is make the body produce more heat to counteract the cold.

But if there was only one single thing I could change about the Model S, it would ALWAYS be the position of the safety belt anchor points in the B-Pillar. I wrestle with this EVERY TIME I drive I drive the car, as the shoulder belt cuts into my neck. There is no comfortable seating position to avoid this, so I have to work with ridiculous plastic clips to change the geometry of the belt, and possibly reduce its efficiency in case of an accident. This is something that needs to be fixed - face-lift of not. Hopefully, they will also provide an upgrade for existing cars.

5. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

ew, way too busy.

6. diplomat33

diplomat33 Member

7. timvracer

timvracer Member

Exclusive first look at Tesla Model S and Model X interior refresh: going spartan like Model 3

Ewwwww.... I guess I should say THANKS Tesla for making me really happy I got the current interior!

Also... drives me NUTS that I can't swivel the screen in the Model 3 to angle a bit towards the driver. Having your eye and a direct perpendicular to the screen is pretty basic. I also feel the longwise orientation is much better suited to screen splitting, which is the best use of the screen real estate in my view.

I also truly appreciate having the instrument display screen separate from the console screen.

• Like x 3
  8. BLKTSLA

BLKTSLA Member

I saw this earlier and I think there may be some misinformation here:

1) I find it hard to believe that Tesla would allow something like this to "leak" and cannibalize their MS/X Sales
    2) These look exactly like the Model 3, and would bet they are the designs of the Model 3.
    3) As much flack as Tesla gets for not having a "luxury" interior, this would make things even worse.

As much as I love the performance of the M3 screen the UI is in many ways counter intuitive compared to the S/X dual screens.

• Like x 2
  9. LoveEV

LoveEV Member

That looks hideous! definitely fake, doesn't follow the design philosophy

10. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

If you're talking about the photo in post#1, please see Post #2