Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this the speedo on the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the recent release canditate photos:
upload_2017-4-5_12-33-47.png

upload_2017-4-5_12-34-18.png

I think this is a small dash built around the steering column. This could contain an LED speed readout as well as other LEDs for full beam etc.

Interesting, I was trying to figure out what that was too. I convinced myself it was just reflection, but now has me thinking. Felix Godard did design work on the Porsche Mission-E. Well, if we look at the steering wheel on that, there is a "pod" on top of the column. Maybe this is what is going on here.

Not sure I would call this a display exactly, so I guess depending on how we interpret Elon's comments it's not an additional display. I could see this being "spaceship-like" as well.

Discuss and speculate away!!
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Really? I've never seen a steering column stick up above the wheel before. You're going to see a couple of inches of that above the central hub of the wheel.

Nothing like that on the reveal model:

View attachment 221330

I'll shut up now - we can wait for someone to get a better shot
I should note the reveal steering wheel was specifically called out as a component that will change. There was another more recent prototype picture posted that showed a wheel with buttons.

I liked where this was heading.. but in the recently released batch of all the photos.,. here's a better shot of the steering wheel and it doesnt look like it would have any indicators or speedo display

View attachment 221358

All images from that sighting are posted here: Tesla Model 3 Sighting 2017-04-04 2:18pm PDT
Possibly, but I think I see a missing piece over the top of the column. To me it looks like innards of the column and cover is missing.

edit: it's not letting me upload photo for some reason.

Reactions: Railhawk52
Interesting, I was trying to figure out what that was too. I convinced myself it was just reflection, but now has me thinking. Felix Godard did design work on the Porsche Mission-E. Well, if we look at the steering wheel on that, there is a "pod" on top of the column. Maybe this is what is going on here.

Not sure I would call this a display exactly, so I guess depending on how we interpret Elon's comments it's not an additional display. I could see this being "spaceship-like" as well.

Discuss and speculate away!!
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Is that supposed to be for Porche's eye tracking display?