TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this the trunk release?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by olanmills, Jun 18, 2016.

1. olanmills

olanmills Member

So my dad finally got his 90D X yesterday, and I was looking it over. I found this hole on the underside of this surface on the left side of the trunk, in the same spot where the LED light is on the right side. If I reach inside the hole, it feels like there's a little rubber tab thingy, and it feels like maybe you could pull it, like maybe it's a manual release for something. I don't want to pull it without knowing what it is.

Looking at the manual, it seems like it might be the manual release for the trunk hatch, but the manual says that it's right by a light and that there's also a panel that needs to be removed, neither of which are present here.

2. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

I think that is an air intake vent.
    The manual latch is near the light in the rear hatch
    Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 9.12.17 PM.jpg

3. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Best guess so far (Yes, there is already a thread on this) is that it's an air intake for the on board charger.

• Helpful x 1
  4. dwebb66

dwebb66 Member

Air intake for the rear AC unit.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1