Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this tint price reasonable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of the Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus, and I am really really loving my first EV.

I just got a quote for window tinting near my area (OC, California), and below is what I got.

WE USE SUNTEK WINDOW FILM

Stage 1 Standard pro(3-years warranty): $199
The Standard line of window films offers both high quality and good protection. Other features and benefits include:
A dyed-charcoal construction
A non-reflective interior and exterior appearance
Good heat, glare, and UV rejection
Excellent optical clarity
Manufacturer's Warranty.

Stage 2, Nano-Carbon(Lifetime warranty): $239
*SunTek's Carbon line provides superior results for dealers looking for quality and performance. Other features and benefits include:
* A proprietary construction that utilizes unique and innovativeCarbon technology
* Non-reflective, "black" finish that will not fade
* Great solar performance with advanced UV protection
* No metal layers that can cause interference with cell phone, radio,or navigation system signals on high-end vehicles
* Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty, that includes fading

Stage 3, CIR (CeramicIR)Lifetime Warranty:$439
* CeramicIR, the ultimate window film evolution, offers all the performance advantages of the popular CarbonXP (CXP) line as well as enhanced solar performance and infrared rejection. Other features and benefits include:
* The latest in Ceramic and non-metal, nano-hybrid Carbon technology manufactured in the world's most technologically advanced facility
* Exceptional heat, infrared and UV rejection increases comfort while providing high-end performance for high-end vehicles
* Blocks over 99% of harmful ultraviolet light to protect vehicle occupants as well as the interior
* Signal enabling technology that causes no interference with cell phone, radio or navigation system signals
* Lifetime Manufacturer's warranty, that includes fading.

We have something called the CIR 70 which is a clear film that goes on the windshield and it rejects 75% heat, 99% uv and glare , colorstable and lifetime warranty.($159)

And then he also quoted below for back window, covering the entire car.

Thanks for your reply 439+ 159(windshield)=$598(with windshield), and if you want to do one piece on the back window, we charge additional $160.

So the total should be around $758. Does this sound pretty normal/average for ceramic window tinting?

I would love to hear back from anyone with some knowledge, as I don't know much about tinting..

Thank you in advance.

I just got a quote for the full car including the one piece back window using the same SunTek CIR for $725 in Morgan Hill, CA. This is the cheapest price I have gotten for ceramic tint. The other quote I received was for $2,200 so I think in the $700's is a pretty good price.

Decent price ..that’s how much I paid just for windshield in ceramic on my X lol

He told me the most difficult tinting in Teslas were Model 3 rear windshield and Model X front windshield... Go figure..

With that price I'd ask if they did a Model 3 before.

Do you mean he charges too much or too little? He was already working on a Tesla Model 3 and yes he has done quite a few Teslas.

Reactions: P85_DA
He told me the most difficult tinting in Teslas were Model 3 rear windshield and Model X front windshield... Go figure..

Do you mean he charges too much or too little? He was already working on a Tesla Model 3 and yes he has done quite a few Teslas.

I meant with that price quote it would be for a vehicle without that large one piece and windshield i.e TM3. That's a really good price especially in So Cal.

I was quoted $450 one piece rear windshield with suntek. I went to another installer, and got XPEL XR done instead for $500. Had a hiccup with the windshield($150) as they still claim the XPEL CS is a ceramic film but not as much as their XR so it's put under CS. The sales rep apologized to both installer and I, and getting me what I wanted in the first place.

I live in NJ and that is an awesome price. I was quoted 1400 for the whole car but included front windshield in clear used for heat rejection

I just took delivery of the Tesla Model 3 Standard Plus, and I am really really loving my first EV.

I just got a quote for window tinting near my area (OC, California), and below is what I got.

WE USE SUNTEK WINDOW FILM

Stage 1 Standard pro(3-years warranty): $199
The Standard line of window films offers both high quality and good protection. Other features and benefits include:
A dyed-charcoal construction
A non-reflective interior and exterior appearance
Good heat, glare, and UV rejection
Excellent optical clarity
Manufacturer's Warranty.

Stage 2, Nano-Carbon(Lifetime warranty): $239
*SunTek's Carbon line provides superior results for dealers looking for quality and performance. Other features and benefits include:
* A proprietary construction that utilizes unique and innovativeCarbon technology
* Great solar performance with advanced UV protection
* No metal layers that can cause interference with cell phone, radio,or navigation system signals on high-end vehicles
* Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty, that includes fading

Stage 3, CIR (CeramicIR)Lifetime Warranty:$439
* CeramicIR, the ultimate window film evolution, offers all the performance advantages of the popular CarbonXP (CXP) line as well as enhanced solar performance and infrared rejection. Other features and benefits include:
* The latest in Ceramic and non-metal, nano-hybrid Carbon technology manufactured in the world's most technologically advanced facility
* Exceptional heat, infrared and UV rejection increases comfort while providing high-end performance for high-end vehicles
* Blocks over 99% of harmful ultraviolet light to protect vehicle occupants as well as the interior
* Signal enabling technology that causes no interference with cell phone, radio or navigation system signals
* Lifetime Manufacturer's warranty, that includes fading.

We have something called the CIR 70 which is a clear film that goes on the windshield and it rejects 75% heat, 99% uv and glare , colorstable and lifetime warranty.($159)

And then he also quoted below for back window, covering the entire car.

Thanks for your reply 439+ 159(windshield)=$598(with windshield), and if you want to do one piece on the back window, we charge additional $160.

So the total should be around $758. Does this sound pretty normal/average for ceramic window tinting?

I would love to hear back from anyone with some knowledge, as I don't know much about tinting..

Thank you in advance.

True it’s a big piece ;) to get in one shot

That is a good price for an install w/a 1pc rear window. Most shops do 2 pieces by default since 1pc takes a much larger roll of film that many shops don't carry, not to mention a highly skilled installer to pull off (and expect price to be jacked to suit).

For reference I paid $850 for a 360*, 27% tint with a 1pc back window. Expensive by comparison but premium tint installs run $600+ in the area normally, and this was during the initial delivery wave when several shops raised their prices with the demand (and the 1pc rear window difficulty). They also used Xpel Prime XR+. Film quality/tier will effect price as much as anything. Suntek is a good quality film about on par w/Xpel.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: P85_DA