Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this true? or just shock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just from the article you linked, in paragraph 2 they state:

===================

. According to US Census Data, the average household income in the US for 2020 was $67,521.

===================

Why did they pick 2020? So that it can sound the way they want it to sound. Just from a 10 second google search, I find that the average US family income in 2022:

==========================

median household income in March 2022 is $75,539,

=========================

Average and Median are different, but there was ZERO reason for that website to pick "2020" average income for a story written on June 16th of 2022, except to bend the statistics to say what they wanted to say.

The base model Y price is now 57,990, which is neither 67k nor 75k, so, yeah its just more twisting statistics to say what they want them to say, which is what most people online reporting statistics do. Some people get caught up in all that stuff though, and either get upset by it, or rush to share it around.

===================

. According to US Census Data, the average household income in the US for 2020 was $67,521.

===================

Why did they pick 2020? So that it can sound the way they want it to sound. Just from a 10 second google search, I find that the average US family income in 2022:

Average and Median are different, but there was ZERO reason for that website to pick "2020" average income for a story written on June 16th of 2022, except to bend the statistics to say what they wanted to say.

The base model Y price is now 57,990, which is neither 67k nor 75k, so, yeah its just more twisting statistics to say what they want them to say, which is what most people online reporting statistics do. Some people get caught up in all that stuff though, and either get upset by it, or rush to share it around.
ahhhh...slanted against tesla....thought so...everyone is so jealous of tesla...its wierd....his putting the charging network in place is genius...and makes ev's viable to travel..

Tesla build times are 12+ months out, the company has to predict what the cost of materials would be in the future, not right now. No point in them selling a car today and then accepting payment 13 months from now for less than what the car is actually worht.

===================

===================

Did the Austin MY SR drop to 57,990? Is that the base model you are referring to?

Did the Austin MY SR drop to 57,990? Is that the base model you are referring to?

When I was typing that, I was looking at the price at tesla's website (tesla.com). I forgot to turn off the "potential savings" that tesla defaults to when you go there ( that I absolutely HATE that they do). The base price (after turning that off) is like 65k ish, so that part I typed was incorrect. With that said, I still am confident that the article referenced had an agenda.

Most articles on stuff (not just tesla) have an agenda or slant, or "point they are trying to make" is what they would probably say. Its not always negative toward whatever they are talking about, positive articles do the same thing.