Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this used 2020M3P a bad idea?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can you explain why v3.0 would be a must have and how you can tell if it has that? Thanks!!
You should be able to see what autopilot computer it has going to the same additional information screen that I believe is already mentioned in this thread. As for why, without going into a bunch of detail, for the same reason I pointed out that you likely want FSD (as I mentioned, I am in IT, and I have been doing IT for about 35 years now).

Reactions: ts2340
Heat Pump Installed?
CSS Adapter Installed?
USS? (How can I tell this?)
Power Trunk (Is that 2022+ only?)
Heated Steering Wheel (Also a 2022+ only?)
All LR/P's have the premium audio, yes?

USS - circles on the bumpers.

Heat pump, power trunk, heated wheel - my December 2020 (so 2021?) LR has heat pump and powered trunk, but the heated wheel came about 4 months later.

Premium audio - you're correct.

CCS adapter - don't care. Tesla has the world's best charging network, and with Ford's recent announcement that they're going to adopt Tesla's connector (NACS), there's a good chance that CCS will go away in the US.

There *are* some owners that appreciate third-party chargers... usually because they find a free one or because they travel in one of the few places where Tesla's superchargers are not as prevalent. Home is 99.9% of where my charging happens. On road trips, the in-car navigation gives you all of the charging stops, and they're all Tesla superchargers.

USS - circles on the bumpers.

Heat pump, power trunk, heated wheel - my December 2020 (so 2021?) LR has heat pump and powered trunk, but the heated wheel came about 4 months later.

Premium audio - you're correct.

CCS adapter - don't care. Tesla has the world's best charging network, and with Ford's recent announcement that they're going to adopt Tesla's connector (NACS), there's a good chance that CCS will go away in the US.

There *are* some owners that appreciate third-party chargers... usually because they find a free one or because they travel in one of the few places where Tesla's superchargers are not as prevalent. Home is 99.9% of where my charging happens. On road trips, the in-car navigation gives you all of the charging stops, and they're all Tesla superchargers.
Thanks. Anything else to look for / be aware of?

The hardware version (2.0/3.0) is designated by the CPU? Intel vs Ryzen?

Need some help. Ones I’m looking at.

2022 LR - 6,600 miles - aftermarket wheels and tires and factory wheels and tires. - Ryzen cpu Gray with black interior. $45k OTD

2021 LR - 26,000 miles - red with black accents. White leather. Intel cpu - LOVE THE LOOK. - $44,500 OTD

The 2021 is 6.5 hours away from me. I’d drive my car and trade it in and then drive the Tesla back.

The 2022 is 4 hours from me but comes in my area and said he would deliver it to me.

So basically same price. I like them both but like the red one better. The gray one being almost brand new is attractive tho. Both have the heat pump.

So hard to decide. I was trying (and may still) try and get the red one to be $43 OTD and then buy AB for the $2k but honestly not even sure I need it.

Thoughts would be appreciated!