Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this vibration normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Just took delivery of a P90D and besides a creeking falcon wing door when opening, the car is perfect. Although, when I drive above 40mph, there is a very abnoxious and obvious vibration that lasts about 2 seconds and happens quite often. I think I counted 6 times in a span of 40 seconds. I attached a short clip of the noise which happens around the 4-5 second mark.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=LTZYTkVUUkw1Q1hlMG5IZU1ocGlZaFNMZ2FfWnB3

Does anyone know what this is? Service has to pick it up next Tuesday for both the door and the noise :(

Try and stay in the lane and that sound will go away. You are experiencing the driver assistance feature that emulates the sound of driving on a rumble strip along freeways. I believe it's called lane keeping assistance. You can turn it off in Settings -> Driver Assistance section.

Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: TimM96 and ModelX
Try and stay in the lane and that sound will go away. You are experiencing the driver assistance feature that emulates the sound of driving on a rumble strip along freeways. I believe it's called lane keeping assistance. You can turn it off in Settings -> Driver Assistance section.

Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy!
Wow do I feel like an idiot! I never knew that, and I guess Tesla didn't ether! Still needs falcon wing door creek fix, but that's a cool feature now that I know there is nothing wrong! Phew!

And thank you this car impresses me every second (and everyone else I pass by!)

Reactions: ModelX
Hi all,

Just took delivery of a P90D and besides a creeking falcon wing door when opening, the car is perfect. Although, when I drive above 40mph, there is a very abnoxious and obvious vibration that lasts about 2 seconds and happens quite often. I think I counted 6 times in a span of 40 seconds. I attached a short clip of the noise which happens around the 4-5 second mark.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=LTZYTkVUUkw1Q1hlMG5IZU1ocGlZaFNMZ2FfWnB3

Does anyone know what this is? Service has to pick it up next Tuesday for both the door and the noise :(

I believe @paintpolisher recently described the exact concern on his 90D at those speeds.

Wow do I feel like an idiot! I never knew that, and I guess Tesla didn't ether! Still needs falcon wing door creek fix, but that's a cool feature now that I know there is nothing wrong! Phew!

And thank you this car impresses me every second (and everyone else I pass by!)

The creak and/or popping will probably be fixed with lubrication if it's the same I have. However, it will come back. From what I understand they are revising some trim to remedy it.