TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Is this vibration normal?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by TimM96, Sep 19, 2016.

1. TimM96

TimM96 Member

Hi all,

Just took delivery of a P90D and besides a creeking falcon wing door when opening, the car is perfect. Although, when I drive above 40mph, there is a very abnoxious and obvious vibration that lasts about 2 seconds and happens quite often. I think I counted 6 times in a span of 40 seconds. I attached a short clip of the noise which happens around the 4-5 second mark.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOyhzz31-36ZIEJDxBISdgAzBso8oXWXdAPJuZ6JaqFbSmjXu09gMcJ2ZykHftmLQ?key=LTZYTkVUUkw1Q1hlMG5IZU1ocGlZaFNMZ2FfWnB3

Does anyone know what this is? Service has to pick it up next Tuesday for both the door and the noise :(

2. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

#2 pdxgibby, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Try and stay in the lane and that sound will go away. You are experiencing the driver assistance feature that emulates the sound of driving on a rumble strip along freeways. I believe it's called lane keeping assistance. You can turn it off in Settings -> Driver Assistance section.

Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy!

• Like x 2
  3. TimM96

TimM96 Member

Wow do I feel like an idiot! I never knew that, and I guess Tesla didn't ether! Still needs falcon wing door creek fix, but that's a cool feature now that I know there is nothing wrong! Phew!

And thank you this car impresses me every second (and everyone else I pass by!)

• Like x 1
  4. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

I believe @paintpolisher recently described the exact concern on his 90D at those speeds.

5. qadaemon

qadaemon Member

The creak and/or popping will probably be fixed with lubrication if it's the same I have. However, it will come back. From what I understand they are revising some trim to remedy it.