Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this what Storm Watch looks like for everyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, in your main tesla.com account page, you should see both your car and your Powerwall(s). You may want to call Tesla Energy for support on adding this, though it's not a big deal. The main benefit is that it shows your Powerwall info and the purchase/order agreements that you signed. But you can't actually control anything - that's what the app is for.

Well I've talked to Tesla about this twice now, their first answer was (basically) "it should be there", then after I sent them a photo with it not there, the answer became (exactly) "The Powerwall data will only be available through the Tesla app. It's a mobile app version. It can only be accessed through a smartphone or any smart device that has the latest software version."

Would you mind sharing a photo of your home screen?

Thanks!

Would you mind sharing a photo of your home screen?
Sure. Here goes, with my VINs and serial number blacked out:

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 17.02.28.png

I have had Storm Watch enabled since 2 Powerwalls were installed. I started watching it yesterday it has only shown "Standby" under Storm Watch. I'm in Denver metro under a Blizzard Warning. Expected winds sustained ~40mph with gust 60+. Yesterday I bumped my Reserve for Power Outage to 90% since it was sunny. What does it take for Storm Watch to turn on?
Even Frankie knows a blizzard is imminent (
).

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
I have had Storm Watch enabled since 2 Powerwalls were installed. I started watching it yesterday it has only shown "Standby" under Storm Watch. I'm in Denver metro under a Blizzard Warning. Expected winds sustained ~40mph with gust 60+. Yesterday I bumped my Reserve for Power Outage to 90% since it was sunny. What does it take for Storm Watch to turn on?
Even Frankie knows a blizzard is imminent (
).
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing here in JeffCo once again. Winter Storm Warning or Blizzard Warning for the entire metro area (actually most of northeastern Colorado) with up to 10" of snow and 75 mph winds expected...and still no Storm Watch charging the Powerwalls from the grid. :mad:

• Informative
The power went out about half an hour ago. The UPS devices all complained about the 63 Hz but at least the house still has power. Down to 48%...and sure wishing Storm Watch would've been activated. I don't think anyone in Colorado has every seen it activate. :(

• Informative
The power went out about half an hour ago. The UPS devices all complained about the 63 Hz but at least the house still has power. Down to 48%...and sure wishing Storm Watch would've been activated. I don't think anyone in Colorado has every seen it activate. :(
Call Tesla Energy and complain about the 63Hz. They need to know how widespread that problem is. They can also remote in and force it back to 60Hz.

Just recv'd this email from Tesla Energy per my support case this morning. Not sure yet if the change is permanent or this one-time fix, but it sounds like it might be permanent.

Storm Watch currently activates only during warnings (but not alerts or advisories) for hurricanes, tornadoes, high winds, lightning and flooding, but not winter storms, so that's why the blizzard warning hadn't activated Storm Watch.

We are continuously reviewing features to best suit the needs of Powerwall owners, so after receiving numerous calls this morning from concerned customers in Colorado, the decision was made to approve Storm Watch for the Colorado blizzards.

Best regards,

Just recv'd this email from Tesla Energy per my support case this morning. Not sure yet if the change is permanent or this one-time fix, but it sounds like it might be permanent.

Storm Watch currently activates only during warnings (but not alerts or advisories) for hurricanes, tornadoes, high winds, lightning and flooding, but not winter storms, so that's why the blizzard warning hadn't activated Storm Watch.

We are continuously reviewing features to best suit the needs of Powerwall owners, so after receiving numerous calls this morning from concerned customers in Colorado, the decision was made to approve Storm Watch for the Colorado blizzards.

Best regards,
We tweeted Elon. He said they will fix it in the next release.

Our power has been out 27 hours and ETA is 1130pm tomorrow!
download_20190314_135514.jpg

Cleared off 60 percent of the panels so we have power for now...

• Love
Reactions: abasile