Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this worth contacting my PPF installer about?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently got PPF, and honestly I'm overall happy with the job they did, except for the tiniest corner on my passenger rear door. The film seems to be ever so slightly coming off, but it's in a spot that's very hard to see.

However I'm not sure if that little corner can affect the overall integrity of the piece, or if I'm worrying about nothing. Again, the rest of the car looks great (no lines in sight, no warping, nothing) and I actually am pretty happy with the service overall. I'm leaning toward showing them the photos and asking them their honest opinion on it, wanted to see if anyone else had any opinions / experience with this situation.

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

If it was a reputable shop using national brand product you should have no issue. For example, I had some tint replaced that had bubbled and peeled like ten years after. Honestly I would have been fine with a hefty discount, but the shop pulled up my warranty info and replaced the bad tint. I left a big tip for the installers.

For your specific case I'd make sure it's a defect or workmanship issue vs damage caused by opening impact. You know just so your expectations are tempered.

Reactions: Hank Hill
Thanks for the input everybody, definitely convinced me to bring it up. Wanted to provide an update: emailed them and they responded surprisingly really quickly (it's 8:15pm here) saying to come by whenever and they'll do "whatever is needed to fix the issue" and apologized for the inconvenience. Will update the thread when the issue gets resolved but I'm very hopeful and happy with their responsiveness.

These guys build their business on reputation and name brand PPFs come with warranty. Also majority of the cost is labor, the material can be found on the internet for a reasonable price but you're paying for their expertise in installing it the right way.

Reactions: Hank Hill
Wanted to leave another update: the shop was able to see me first thing in the morning. They did not want to commit to a same day turnaround until they saw it in person, but once they did, they just applied some heat to the area and fixed the application and it looks much better. I was in and out within 10 minutes. They also double checked the rest of the edges of the door and fixed another small spot. Overall very happy with the service.

IMG_1245.JPG