Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this your car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Barklikeadog

Jul 13, 2016
PA
Seriously now... Cali plates on a vehicle in PA on its way to the service center. This -has- to be a TMC forum member.
What happened to your wheels?
tow1.jpg

I saw that car charging at Somerset Sunday around 6:30 pm - the MFG plates caught my attention. There wasn't anyone around the car, but there was a bunch of stuff in the car (nothing specific I recognized, and the exterior all looked normal to me.)

I saw that car charging at Somerset Sunday around 6:30 pm - the MFG plates caught my attention. There wasn't anyone around the car, but there was a bunch of stuff in the car (nothing specific I recognized, and the exterior all looked normal to me.)
This vehicle would have had to be going (after offload)about 130mph average on the turnpike to make it to somerset by 630

I don't know what to tell you. The time stamp on my photo at Somerset Supercharger is 6:43 pm on Sunday, and I had been there a few minutes by that point with no one around, and the plate matches.

Maybe they have really fast flatbeds...
My last photo is timestamped 4:03pm on 276, last time I saw the truck it was exiting 476 at about 4:20pm, heading towards the service center.
If I google map from Tesla service to the Somerset station, it gives me 3 hours and 28 minutes. It is 220 miles away, or an average of 65mph.
:confused: :confused:

My last photo is timestamped 4:03pm on 276, last time I saw the truck it was exiting 476 at about 4:20pm, heading towards the service center.
If I google map from Tesla service to the Somerset station, it gives me 3 hours and 28 minutes. It is 220 miles away, or an average of 65mph.
:confused: :confused:

So they offloaded it at the service center, and someone immediately hopped in and drove straight there at "somewhat more than 65"?

Google Maps
View attachment 315976

Color me wrong... this was still on 309, not 276, at a 4:03pm time stamp. That would mean the Lancaster exit for the service center was probably 4:30, arrive at service center approx 4:40. :confused: wtf?

I debated taking this picture, since I thought I would probably never do anything with it. Now I'm glad I went back and took it. Somerset at 6:43 PM Sunday:
IMG_1316.JPG

Full EXIF should be intact. The right edge of the plate is slightly blocked by the pole, but I'm pretty certain it's the same car.

Did you see them take the exit for the service center, or is it possible they just got on to 76 westbound?

I've seen cars trucked to Somerset before, but presumably not from so far away and past two other working Superchargers...