Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is tsla out of your price range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, tsla is at $1,600. That is AWESOME but spending $1,600 on one stock is painful. For me I'm going into Arcimoto stock for now maybe even Nio.

Would you buy tsla at this price?
I don't understand this argument. Unless you are talking about being unable to buy a single share, or you are indirectly referring to the market cap and you think it is overvalued, why does the actual stock price matter?

You do understand you can buy fractional shares, right?

Only certain brokerages offer fractional shares, and then with fractional you don't get the full benefits of a full share (ie, voting). Further, it's a mental stoppage. I'd never buy 1/3rd of a share, but I'd buy a share that was 3:1 split.

That being said, yes, I cannot afford to buy a shingle share in one go any longer. I had set aside $500-1k a paycheck, and that got me a few shares last year, but is now not even a full one. I'd have to save for three months to buy one share, and that's not even saying the share would be that same price in three months.

You can buy instead some ARKK or BPTRX (Baron's fund) - both are forward looking and have had Tesla shares for a while

FUV (Arcimoto) is interesting/ serious but subject to a lot of fluctuations, has a niche, not really innovative.
LAC or SQ are some of my favorite alternatives - LAC because of the potential (sold too early) and SQ because Jack Dorsey is a good guy too (Twitter founder) with great products.

Only certain brokerages offer fractional shares, and then with fractional you don't get the full benefits of a full share (ie, voting). Further, it's a mental stoppage. I'd never buy 1/3rd of a share, but I'd buy a share that was 3:1 split.

That being said, yes, I cannot afford to buy a shingle share in one go any longer. I had set aside $500-1k a paycheck, and that got me a few shares last year, but is now not even a full one. I'd have to save for three months to buy one share, and that's not even saying the share would be that same price in three months.
Unless you’re using a fly-by-night internet broker you can by fractional shares.

If you’re not buying due to a mental block you shouldn’t be investing.

Reactions: dhrivnak