Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is tsportline and unplugged “ricey?”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been through the days of lowriding bodykit cars and I thought it’s a bit past that but I’ve been seeing a lot of the same stuff only on Tesla’s. I’m not sure am I seeing things or does that scene just apply to all cars nowadays. I’m not disagreeing with anything but I’m just speaking from what I see. Are these companies just taking advantage of the new clientele or are they really putting out good stuff?

• Funny
Reactions: Dre78 and P85_DA
I'm not sure what your point is exactly, there are TONS of tuning companies out there for practically every model of somewhat sporty car so i don't think it's Tesla only. People are lowering their Tesla's an inch or two but that is far from "lowriding" and hella flush type trends that we used to see (and still see in SoCal). Maybe i'm not seeing what you're seeing though.

Body kits depend on what you're trying to do, but in terms of something like the S-APEX (i think thats what you're referencing?) it allows you to run much wider wheels that normal which will definitely help with performance. It's also a big visual thing and that's probably the main reason someone would choose to do it. I can definitely see why some people might not like this though :D

Personally i'm planning to add a spoiler and perhaps a front splitter because i actually take my car to the track and i truly want the increased stability that they will provide. I don't think that's "ricey" since the car is already pretty darn quick, it's not like a cheap civic ;)

And as far as if they are putting good stuff out there - the answer is a resounding YES for Unplugged. They have years of experience creating custom components with their parents company Bulletproof Automotive. Practically an industry leader for JDM cars.

In some parts of the country, every other car in the parking lot is a Model 3. So props to unplugged, tssportline, and others for offering customizations. Otherwise you might not be able to recognize your car! There will be more and more companies and options over time.

I’ve been through the days of lowriding bodykit cars and I thought it’s a bit past that but I’ve been seeing a lot of the same stuff only on Tesla’s. I’m not sure am I seeing things or does that scene just apply to all cars nowadays. I’m not disagreeing with anything but I’m just speaking from what I see. Are these companies just taking advantage of the new clientele or are they really putting out good stuff?
Lol, who cares?! Two tuners hardly constitute a scene. I’d guess a majority of their sales are subtle modifications like wheels, refresh front end and springs. I challenge you to name a brand that doesn’t have a tuner or two marketing body kits. Options are good even if you don’t like them. Stop watching their Instagram feed and enjoy your car.

i get the sense they are figuring things out as they go. Can’t blame someone for trying to set up shop and fill a growing market, doesn’t take much to setup an online shop. Tesla aftermarket companies are fairly new vs established tuners designing or selling products like eibach springs or BBS wheels. If an aftermarket shop/brand can show their wheels are as strong as oem and have proper fit without adapters and such, then I’m ok with that. As for suspension, I prefer the established players that usually engineer, test-tune, and manufacture their own products.

Reactions: Dre78
Tesla aftermarket companies are fairly new vs established tuners designing or selling products like eibach springs or BBS wheels.

Keep in mind Unplugged itself has been around since 2013 and before that (and still) they were Bulletproof Automotive who has been around since the early 2000s! Ben from Unplugged/Bulletproof was even in the original Fast and Furious movie ;)

T-Sportline was also founded around 2013, however their background is more automotive sound systems (Al & Eds Autosound in LA)

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78 and SJC3