Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is TuneIn free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also noticed the sound quality is so much better than normal radio or Spotify. Much more base and just "better" all round.
The only issue is there are very few stations to choose from in the free version?
In my M3P, I'm not signed in to TuneIn, but have lots of stations in my favourites. There are some, however, that are region locked. I had a couple of House music stations which worked fine, then didn't. The app on my iPhone told me they were no longer available in the UK.

Strange. On eu spec teslas we have tunein without ads.

I use TuneIn all the time in the car, it's my go to for music. I have lots of web stations saved in the favourites.
So wait.....
on my EU M3 LR i should be able to use TuneIn??
I want internet radio so bad....
I HATE the fact that i only can listen to my favorite radio station in my own country, in a car that has constant internet connection (yes i have premium connectivity).
Please tell me how to use TuneIn...... i can't find it anywhere, only spotify but that service does not offer live radio stations?!

Please tell me how to use TuneIn...... i can't find it anywhere,
It's on the bottom of the media screen - TuneIn has its own Icon. Also, when you do a search for a station, TuneIn stations are found - then touch the 'Star' icon and it will be saved to Favourites. Page 147 in the user manual here There are, however, some Internat stations that are region locked. I used to have some stations in my favourites that worked, then they stopped working. Regional restrictions stopped them working (why that is I have no idea).

If you need some screen shots to help you let me know.

It's on the bottom of the media screen - TuneIn has its own Icon. Also, when you do a search for a station, TuneIn stations are found - then touch the 'Star' icon and it will be saved to Favourites. Page 147 in the user manual here There are, however, some Internat stations that are region locked. I used to have some stations in my favourites that worked, then they stopped working. Regional restrictions stopped them working (why that is I have no idea).

If you need some screen shots to help you let me know.
the icon was not there....
Also i could not turn it on in the media settings (i only had radio, telephone, and spotify) to show up in the bottom of the media screen.

But i contacted tesla and they connected to my M3, and said: that's strange....
The clicked around, and PRESTO :D It is there :)
They said it should have been there all the time, but some little bug kept it from being available for me.....

But now i have it, used it yesterdag evening and this morning and i LOVE it :)

Reactions: Gasaraki
Correct. There is a “ads-free” version of Tunein that costs money but the ads don’t bother me at all!
The Ad free version that we all get really annoys me. It certainly cuts off actual content. I’ve compared this on longer trips with an earpiece and Sirius XM streaming the same channel, CNBC, CNN, etc. I figured once I noticed that 90% of the time when I got into the car for a drive and it was always on an AD, it was clear that their timing of their Ads and live content was out of sync. Not to mention that more than half the time I have to switch the channel say AWAY from CNN to CNBC and then BACK again just to get the channel it was on to stream.

I can’t tell if this is a TuneIN issue, or WIFI/LTE connection issue with the M3 hardware.

Interesting. I'm in Ca. Use Tunein a lot and though I'm on the free version I never get ads. Perhaps it's because I primarily listen to Euro (German) stations? Maybe no one wants to set ads just before Rammstein?

sorry, so if you lets say stream a radio station which plays ads you obviously get ads.... but thats coz you are streaming the radio station?

Or does tunein itself do ads? I also listen to a lot of german stations and i dont get any extra ads.

sorry, so if you lets say stream a radio station which plays ads you obviously get ads.... but thats coz you are streaming the radio station?

Or does tunein itself do ads? I also listen to a lot of german stations and i dont get any extra ads.
On at least some radio stations, the radio station will have an ad insert they themselves put in so you get the same ad when you first tune into the station, but it's usually pretty brief and more or less non-obtrusive.