Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Twitter going to distract Elon from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently Elon didn't have enough on his plate as it was. Will Elon's role as Chief Twit draw his focus away from Tesla, SpaceX, and his other ventures? We share our thoughts on his acquisition of Twitter and what it means for Tesla.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

This is a clip from Tesla Motors Club Podcast #25. The full podcast video is available here:
https://youtu.be/z-91WnZSOV4

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Is there an explanation somewhere?
Not seeing any. But of course we can guess. A combination of too much criticism of Dear Leader (an improper reason but probably the main one) and Dear Leader turning so political that heavy doses of partisan BS were sure to get even worse (somewhat more legit but really just hiding the head in the sand).
Some were just seething at even the mildest criticism of Elon, and it had grown pretty strong there.
Fine with me. I had already learned pretty much everything I was going to from it. Which was basically put on ignore ASAP anyone with a posting name that includes references to space or rockets or which direction their politics lean.
And uh... one particular poster who always does thumbs down or laugh.

It also prob doesn’t help some of the HODL types have taken an utter bath on paper in last few months and just aren’t in a good mood.

Not seeing any. But of course we can guess. A combination of too much criticism of Dear Leader (an improper reason but probably the main one) and Dear Leader turning so political that heavy doses of partisan BS were sure to get even worse (somewhat more legit but really just hiding the head in the sand).
Some were just seething at even the mildest criticism of Elon, and it had grown pretty strong there.
Fine with me. I had already learned pretty much everything I was going to from it. Which was basically put on ignore ASAP anyone with a posting name that includes references to space or rockets or which direction their politics lean.
And uh... one particular poster who always does thumbs down or laugh.

It also prob doesn’t help some of the HODL types have taken an utter bath on paper in last few months and just aren’t in a good mood.
I agree with all of the above. Thanks. I could even agree that the thread had become somewhat unwieldy and unhelpful. But, personally, it was cathartic. Elon has brought everyone into this—for lack of a better word—arena. And I needed a space to figure it out.

I have acquaintances who sold all their shares, sold their cars in disgust, and relatives who have yelled at me for even making them aware of Elon Musk. I chose to begrudgingly find some way to keep my shares and deal with it—finding like-minded investors here has been a big help (for me).

The thread had already been excluded from main topics. It had no kind of influence outside of the fifteen or so posters who used it. To shut it off, suddenly, like it was some sort toxic 4Chan, without an explanation, seems a little too on-brand for the love it or leave it cult. But whatever.

Shifting back to this threads topic - can we all agree that Yes, Elon's misadventure into owning Twitter has been a bit of a distraction? :)
I agree with all of the above. Thanks. I could even agree that the thread had become somewhat unwieldy and unhelpful. But, personally, it was cathartic. Elon has brought everyone into this—for lack of a better word—arena. And I needed a space to figure it out.

I have acquaintances who sold all their shares, sold their cars in disgust, and relatives who have yelled at me for even making them aware of Elon Musk. I chose to begrudgingly find some way to keep my shares and deal with it—finding like-minded investors here has been a big help (for me).

The thread had already been excluded from main topics. It had no kind of influence outside of the fifteen or so posters who used it. To shut it off, suddenly, like it was some sort toxic 4Chan, without an explanation, seems a little too on-brand for the love it or leave it cult. But whatever.
Yeah, it was cathartic, but also to a degree felt like it was giving us a faint amount of whatever addictive jolt it is from Tweeting that keeps Elon doing it, even though sone part of him must know how self destructive it is.
I think pretty much everything I thought was going to happen with the Twitter deal going bad did, and at this point what really is left to say? That he just once more tweeted something else a child should have known better than to write?
I guess I only hope the good mods didn’t get bruised up too much by the rabid ones in the discussions behind the scenes about that thread.

Shifting back to this threads topic - can we all agree that Yes, Elon's misadventure into owning Twitter has been a bit of a distraction? :)
So, Elon and Twitter thread locked for everyone?
Yes.. and I guess my account is back. I think some had enough of us telling the actual truth about Elon.

Elon is clearly distracted if he's doing this particular on January 6th.
Screenshot_2023-01-06 15.10.09_aBWp51.png

Reactions: advocate8
Status
Not open for further replies.