Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Twitter going to distract Elon from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently Elon didn't have enough on his plate as it was. Will Elon's role as Chief Twit draw his focus away from Tesla, SpaceX, and his other ventures? We share our thoughts on his acquisition of Twitter and what it means for Tesla.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

This is a clip from Tesla Motors Club Podcast #25. The full podcast video is available here:
https://youtu.be/z-91WnZSOV4

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Hopefully, he finds and hires a CEO to take the reins of TWITTER along with other key positions. The sooner the better. He can wash his hands of this dirty deal and move on.

However let's not forget there are many other companies/manufacturers with worse histories and blood on their hands and everyone has forgiven and even embraced them, so all is not lost.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I mean wow - WHO could have guessed that Twitter would be a massive distraction from the good work being done at Tesla?

Sigh.

I doubt we can talk Elon into giving up his passion for Hunter's D-pics, so the rational move is to appoint someone else to run Tesla in the meantime. Perhaps it can be run like Apple has post-jobs: Less innovative but very profitable and successful

At this point I think Elon isn’t making day to day Tesla decisions. Value him for what he is a visionary businessman that wanted to doing things differently and held cutting edge science in very high regard. Then got stupid rich…. And then 2016 happened and everything is polarized. At this point Tesla doesn’t need him. And the Twitter purchase just seemed out of his normal business operating realm. Tesla doesn’t do PR or marketing and now he want to run something whose entire financial health depends on marketing and add revenue (well at least it did).

I’m trying to imagine what the MX would have been if he didn’t push the falcon doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.