Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is undercover necessary for installing Torklift Stealth EcoHitch with OEM rectangular cut out.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello all

I want to order and install

My 2019 model 3 comes with OEM rectangular cut out. Do I have to buy any extra cover ? Will be getting Torklift Stealth Hitch be good enough? Is it necessary to get the undercover from torklift?

Attachments

• 20210305_135212.jpg
    20210305_135212.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 109
I believe the Torklift undercover is only necessary for those of us that "don't" have the updated rectangular cutout in the bottom panel. Mine is a 2018 so I'd need to purchase the cover from Torklift since I don't have the cutout in my panel already. I am looking at having the Ecohitch installed on my car, and that is what the shop lead me to believe was the case.

I believe the Torklift undercover is only necessary for those of us that "don't" have the updated rectangular cutout in the bottom panel. Mine is a 2018 so I'd need to purchase the cover from Torklift since I don't have the cutout in my panel already. I am looking at having the Ecohitch installed on my car, and that is what the shop lead me to believe was the case.

I am going to be doing the same, but for a Stealth hitch. They do not offer a cover kit:
Sorry it does not. You can get a complete under panel rom Tesla for about $160 and it includes the removable access hatch.
Am wondering if the Torklift cover ($105) would work... Thoughts?
Feels like on could 3D print something rather cheaply that would clip around the edges. If not, might as well get the Tesla part, which seems to work fine.