Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Update 2021.4.18.b9447274f1b4 full of bugs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DocMike

Jan 3, 2021
UK
I see others have had the problem with headlights not turning off after this update which the guy from telephone support helped sort by me depowering the vehicle for 15 minutes followed by Tesla sending a patch to fix it. However I have noticed other things:-
1. Whilst turning off M25 to M3 with cruise set at 40 because of matrix signs instructing 40MPH limit, on the slip road the car automatically sped up to 50 and altered the control setting I had done!
2. Later on when entering M3 the speed again automatically increased to 70 MPH again without me touching anything despite the speed limit being 50.
3. Even later on the same journey at Fleet Services whilst on cruise (not Navigate on Autopilot) the car started indicating as though I wanted to pull into the services (which I had visited on a previous journey) despite the sat nav being set for a destination much further down off the M3.

Has anyone else come across similar things or is it just my car? It hasn't happened again since I rebooted the screen but then again I have not done the same journey again.

I've had similar problems with autosteer not being available to use where it has been in the past and despite my hands being on the wheel, the red steering wheel appears and turns autosteer off!!!

This is happening on this firmware to me when passing underneath overpasses on the interstate in a few spots and is repeatable. Definitely a step backwards with this update.