Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is V 8 Autopilot Getting Much Better?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When driving today - I was struck by how much better Autopilot 8 seems. I hadn't driven any distance with Autopilot in a few weeks and was surprised by how smooth the overall experience was compared to when this version was first released. Pacing and positioning of the car was just right and lane changes were both smooth and timely. I liked 7.0 and used it extensively and was initially disappointed with 8.0, but after today - it seems much better than 7.0 ever was. Am I imagining things or is it really much better?

I think it has gotten better and continues to learn. These days I pretty much never have issues with the steering unless the car isn't seeing one or both lines clearly.

I also feel like they changed the following distances recently - I swear they increased by about two numbers (a 1 feels like a 2 or 3 used to, etc.) But maybe it's me.

When driving today - I was struck by how much better Autopilot 8 seems. I hadn't driven any distance with Autopilot in a few weeks and was surprised by how smooth the overall experience was compared to when this version was first released. Pacing and positioning of the car was just right and lane changes were both smooth and timely. I liked 7.0 and used it extensively and was initially disappointed with 8.0, but after today - it seems much better than 7.0 ever was. Am I imagining things or is it really much better?
I noticed this too. Especially the lane changes. They used to be pretty abrupt but now it's much smoother.