TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Is V 8 Autopilot Getting Much Better?

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by trmmcd, Dec 8, 2016.

1. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

When driving today - I was struck by how much better Autopilot 8 seems. I hadn't driven any distance with Autopilot in a few weeks and was surprised by how smooth the overall experience was compared to when this version was first released. Pacing and positioning of the car was just right and lane changes were both smooth and timely. I liked 7.0 and used it extensively and was initially disappointed with 8.0, but after today - it seems much better than 7.0 ever was. Am I imagining things or is it really much better?

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I think it has gotten better and continues to learn. These days I pretty much never have issues with the steering unless the car isn't seeing one or both lines clearly.

I also feel like they changed the following distances recently - I swear they increased by about two numbers (a 1 feels like a 2 or 3 used to, etc.) But maybe it's me.

3. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

Placebo effect. Stockholm syndrome.

Take your pick.

• Funny x 1
  4. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

I noticed this too. Especially the lane changes. They used to be pretty abrupt but now it's much smoother.