Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is your guys model s plaid noisy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel that my plaid s's tire noise is pretty loud, the cabin noise level is even worse than my previous model 3 driving impression. Do you guys have the same exprience ? Could it be the character of the 21inch wheel or it is because of my summer tire is harden during this winter low temperature ?

not sure if it is because still new car and seals are still tight, but in my garage same spot, I used to hear the garage door open in my old CTS-V and my wife Benz, but I can not hear it in the plaid at all.

The refresh S we have is really quiet. The refresh X we have is very loud. I’m hoping once the defective windshield is replaced it’s much quieter. The windshield is covered in these waves.

Attachments

• BF072888-D48C-4F85-8909-6D45353AB2C3.jpeg
    BF072888-D48C-4F85-8909-6D45353AB2C3.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 117
Don't know why a plaid would be noisier than the plain Model S Long Range. I have the LR, and I don't find it noisy, but a lot of that depends on the road. Many of the roads around here have been resurfaced with a fine-grain asphalt which is quite quiet, but I've been on roads where the pavement gravel is quite large, and therefore quite noisy. Until we get cars like Luke Skywalker drives, we're gonna have tire noise.