Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is your LTE signal going in and out this week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
On several occasions this week I noticed the LTE signal was not working. The strength meter had a slash through it and when I used Navigation it said it could not get traffic data. Has anyone else seen this issue/ FWIW, I am in the SF Bay Area (Northern California).

28D3000C-9312-4D5B-8956-5F5B89A4C009.jpeg
Right now at Space X (Hawthorne, Los Angeles, CA), no connection.

Did you try a cold reboot, step on brake while holding buttons on wheel?
Yes I did try that multiple times. It just started up randomly yesterday again and has been steady. I got the car in July and have had multiple issues with the internet connection. Hopefully this improves as warming up the car before hand is a very handy tool in the Canadian winters!

Not sure if it is related - when I tried to use Summon to pull our 2018 X in/out of a garage over the weekend, even though I was standing next to the car, the Bluetooth connection frequently disconnected - requiring multiple reconnects to get the X fully into/out of the garage. That wasn't a problem when we received our X several months ago - suspect it may be an issue with V9 software.

Not sure if it is related - when I tried to use Summon to pull our 2018 X in/out of a garage over the weekend, even though I was standing next to the car, the Bluetooth connection frequently disconnected - requiring multiple reconnects to get the X fully into/out of the garage. That wasn't a problem when we received our X several months ago - suspect it may be an issue with V9 software.
Had that same problem but once they re[placed the centre display unit it was fixed