Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SunTek

Former Vendor
Mar 18, 2019
St Louis
On delivery, the finish of your Tesla had no nicks, swirl marks or scratches. But every day on the road puts that flawless finish at risk.

How do you plan to keep your finish looking flawless longer?

Had it glasscoated with Gyeon, was polished in 3 steps upfront

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-12 at 14.58.31.jpeg

cQuartz finest after full paint correction.

cQuartz is another widely popular coating. We took a look at the popularity of coatings in the market and how many of our own dealers were using them in combination with Paint Protection Film and adjusted our warranty to allow coatings to be applied to our PPFC and PPFUltra. Together they offer a great combination of chip/scratch resistance, depth, and hydrophobicity.

Paint correction then Prestige Films Clearguard Nano SR custom install full frontal, mirrors, headlight and fog lights. Feynlab Heal Lite Ceramic on remaining paint and Feynlab PPF and Vinyl Ceramic on the PPF. Feynlab Detailer for maintenance.

On delivery, the finish of your Tesla had no nicks, swirl marks or scratches.
Unfair question, since zero cars have been delivered this way :p

I have Suntek PPF on my car. About 1yr now, no complaints. Not OCD about washing it, so it's only been detailed a few times, but still looks great. I'd definitely do the wrap again if I got another valuable car.

We have some SunTek users onboard, nice! It's great to hear that you're both happy with the results of your Paint Protection Film so far.

Reheat went full front end, what about you, Markbrokeit? How much of your Model 3 is covered? While full car coverage is popular and increasing in regularity, the full front end is still the most popular coverage on Tesla for us.

While we're here feel free to bounce any questions about Paint Protection Film off of us and we'll do our best to answer them for you.

My first Model 3, LR RWD 3, had Suntek Ultra on the front bumper by a detailer and installed Suntek Ultra on the hood as DIY. All applied after polishing. I applied Gyeon Syncro on top.

I just upgraded to an inventory P3D+ with 4k miles. It already has paint chips on the bumper and I am debating if it is even worth wrapping the bumper at this point.

041403AB-06B5-4CE5-BCB8-5895A0ABFDE7.jpeg
Xpel clear full body wrap with ceramic on top . Picking it up later today from the installer. Ap3Atl , same place Kim from Like Tesla had hers done. They do great work if you’re in Atlanta.

And for those of you waiting to wrap yours , I dropped it off with only 100 miles and it already had two rock chips on the front even with me avoiding the highway until I dropped it off .

I have SunTek and it already has some nicks in it from rocks (it looks like it did its job and didn't get the paint). What is the best way to deal with those so they don't get worse?

Glad to hear the PPF is doing it's job! We do internal gravelometer tests and it does take some aggressive impact to nick it. If it does, there is nothing to be done, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it getting worse. The only note I would add is to avoid a lot of high pressure water in that area if you believe it is nicked through the film.

Last edited:
My first Model 3, LR RWD 3, had Suntek Ultra on the front bumper by a detailer and installed Suntek Ultra on the hood as DIY. All applied after polishing. I applied Gyeon Syncro on top.

I just upgraded to an inventory P3D+ with 4k miles. It already has paint chips on the bumper and I am debating if it is even worth wrapping the bumper at this point.

It's always worth wrapping the bumper to prevent further damage. Most PPF installers have some creative ways to minimize the visibility of small nicks/chips before they install the film. How long is the Gyeon Syncro designed to last?

It's always worth wrapping the bumper to prevent further damage. Most PPF installers have some creative ways to minimize the visibility of small nicks/chips before they install the film. How long is the Gyeon Syncro designed to last?

It's supposed to last up to 2 years with proper maintenance. I wash every couple of months and top it off with Gyeon WetCoat or Cure. So far I've been really happy with it. Will do the same on the new car and see how long it lasts.

It's supposed to last up to 2 years with proper maintenance. I wash every couple of months and top it off with Gyeon WetCoat or Cure. So far I've been really happy with it. Will do the same on the new car and see how long it lasts.

Thanks for the info, I know there are many different coatings out now with varying lifespans. Hope you enjoy your upgrade and hope you go back with SunTek to protect the paint!

If you're on Instagram you can follow us, we do #TeslaTuesday where we share photos of our dealers installing our Paint Protection Film and Window Film products on Tesla Model 3's and more. You can find us @SunTekFilms.

Nice! Gyeon makes a great product that a lot of our dealers use in combination with our Paint Protection Film. What benefits were you looking for when looking into coatings?

Thanks, easier to clean mainly and to protect the paint longer, I like it how the dirt now doesn't stick to the car anymore, you can feel that it will last for a while,I also use Gyeon Cure after a wash to keep the coating ok.