Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is your US made SR+ LFP charging to 253 or 262?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m curious how many miles have you driven?
I have about 1800 miles and my range is 250.
I’m just below 2400 miles right now. My range had been 252 for a while but then I took another trip and did some more super charging, and the last couple days the car is only charging back up to 250. Hoping to see it drag itself back up a couple miles (to 251 or 252) in the near future, but who knows?

FYI: For those who took delivery of your LFP SR+ back in September, please check and see if your battery coolant reservoir has a cap. I just noticed mine came from the factory without a cap yesterday . My current estimated miles at 100% is 246 miles. I'm not sure if this is related to my coolant reservoir that has no cap. Car currently has 11,500 miles. I placed a Service ticket and they want to take a look at the car ASAP. The problem is my SC is 2 hrs away from my house and I'm not comfortable driving the car at it's current configuration.

Reactions: Baluchi
FYI: For those who took delivery of your LFP SR+ back in September, please check and see if your battery coolant reservoir has a cap. I just noticed mine came from the factory without a cap yesterday . My current estimated miles at 100% is 246 miles. I'm not sure if this is related to my coolant reservoir that has no cap. Car currently has 11,500 miles. I placed a Service ticket and they want to take a look at the car ASAP. The problem is my SC is 2 hrs away from my house and I'm not comfortable driving the car at it's current configuration.
How'd you notice the cap wasn't installed? It looks like you have to remove the frunk tub to get to that, so I'm assuming you were pulling that out for some other reason?

Your estimate of 246 miles is pretty close to my Sep '21 LFP car at 17,000 miles, so I doubt the missing cap had much range impact. But I'd be concerned about contamination or spillage for sure.

I did find this video that shows the coolant reservoir cap (starts at 3:28):

How'd you notice the cap wasn't installed? It looks like you have to remove the frunk tub to get to that, so I'm assuming you were pulling that out for some other reason?

Your estimate of 246 miles is pretty close to my Sep '21 LFP car at 17,000 miles, so I doubt the missing cap had much range impact. But I'd be concerned about contamination or spillage for sure.

I did find this video that shows the coolant reservoir cap (starts at 3:28):
I actually didn't need to pull the entire frunk tub to see the reservoir without the cap. I only took the panel for the HVAC and took the HVAC Air intake cap off. I was installing this screen for the HVAC Air intake.

OK, I just checked mine — looked up a YouTube video to see how to access that area — didn’t bother to lift up the second smaller panel because I could see the black cap on the white tank just beneath it. My car was bought in September and it charges to 246 as well. It’s still so clean in that spot that maybe your fluid didn’t get too contaminated…

OK, I just checked mine — looked up a YouTube video to see how to access that area — didn’t bother to lift up the second smaller panel because I could see the black cap on the white tank just beneath it. My car was bought in September and it charges to 246 as well. It’s still so clean in that spot that maybe your fluid didn’t get too contaminated…
Good to know. I must be the unlucky one. I picked up a random coolant overflow cap at Advance as a temporary fix until mobile service installs the right one which won't be until May 12th. Ughh!

Last edited: