Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So close. I've been waiting for the ISA call after getting a VIN on 4/17. Got a call from Tesla, thinking this is it. Only to find out it was the Solar City PowerWall division calling to schedule an inspection of my powerwall2 install. Funny, it was installed 8 months ago, and they pick now to call? :)

2/28 - Invited and Configured

4/11 - VIN assigned (6 weeks)

4/12 - email from ISA - "Please call me to talk about next steps."

4/13 - called and left message, followed by email to ISA

4/19 - Called ISA again. Couple hours later called Tesla. ISA then called me, said she has been sick, is working from home, but will have a coworker call me before the end of the day. Said my car was arriving in AZ in two days. No call from coworker before end of day.

4/20 - Called Tesla again. Asked to speak to supervisor. Told "they are in a meeting" but someone will get back to you today. 20 minutes later got a call from a different ISA saying, "Congratulations, I can schedule your delivery for tomorrow at 10:30!" She then sent me the congratulatory email with additional final details. 30 minutes later she called back and canceled the delivery because "the truck didn't arrive today in AZ." Tentatively rescheduled for a week from today, 4/27.

In my opinion Tesla has one or more problems with their delivery system. Communication is one of them.

What state r u in?

I am in N.J. and I wanted to pick up the car in PA. I planned to have the car serviced at the PA location as well so I wanted to start a relationship there. It also has a better reputation than the other service centers near me. All that said, a week ago a new service center opened which is closer to me so I was going to use them for service. That was then but now I understand that a new facility will open (hopefully in less than 1 year) <5 miles from my home so I will certainly use them. Net-net, I decided that for smoothness I will go to the site the ISA wants me to so I can move on with my life...I don’t have the time, patience, or interest to educate a Tesla employee who is located in Las Vegas and likely has never delivered a car and certainly not one that was going to be registered in a different state/county than the store.

This "adventure" is certainly a test of patience. One line after the next. Let's see... I waited in line 2 years ago to place my deposit, waited at the Tesla store to sit in a Model 3, waited for my invitation to configure, I waited for the aero wheel kit to get back in stock, waited for it to finally ship (I got them 3 days ago), I'm currently waiting for my ISA to find time to contact me. Nothing in SPAM, no missed calls, just watch the clock tick tock. It's now been 6 days since my VIN assignment. Tick tock. Just wanted to chat to see where my car is and if I am days, weeks, or unknown away. My loan expired so I will have to re-hit my credit for a new application... Meanwhile rates keep going up. Family keeps asking when are we getting our Tesla? Sigh. Tick tock. Where's that ISA?

This "adventure" is certainly a test of patience. One line after the next. Let's see... I waited in line 2 years ago to place my deposit, waited at the Tesla store to sit in a Model 3, waited for my invitation to configure, I waited for the aero wheel kit to get back in stock, waited for it to finally ship (I got them 3 days ago), I'm currently waiting for my ISA to find time to contact me. Nothing in SPAM, no missed calls, just watch the clock tick tock. It's now been 6 days since my VIN assignment. Tick tock. Just wanted to chat to see where my car is and if I am days, weeks, or unknown away. My loan expired so I will have to re-hit my credit for a new application... Meanwhile rates keep going up. Family keeps asking when are we getting our Tesla? Sigh. Tick tock. Where's that ISA?
I could not agree more and I am right behind you waiting for VIN assignment. Next thing to look forward to is waiting for ISA contact. Hang in there all should be behind us in due time and hopefully we can forget about this long wait.

It took 14 days from VIN assignment until the ISA contacted me. All my communication with him has been through e-mail. I was expecting a phone call so I was caught off guard a bit when it came through e-mail.

Indeed. I finally got an ISA email (after 9 days) and it said to call or he would call me. I think I wore my battery down Thursday and Friday trying to get in touch with him. I left him a voicemail and replied to his email. Naturally, there was no call FROM him. I just want him to call and give me a delivery date. Any date. Hell; just tell me December 5th or something as long as I get a date and stop worrying about when I’m going to get contacted. Waiting to wait - that’s the Tesla way. Okay...I feel better now.

My ISA e-mailed me last week and told me I can get it delivered 'some time next week'. Alas, I still haven't received a call from him, but I just opened my Tesla account and it says my delivery is scheduled for this Saturday at 11 AM which OF COURSE I cannot be there for. I NEED TO SCHEDULE IT FOR LATER IN THE DAY BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TIME THE SC IS OPEN UNTIL. WTF? Has anyone else had a similar experience where their ISA scheduled something that didn't work for you? I also need to coordinate with my insurance and financing and whatnot to make sure everythings good on those fronts.

My ISA e-mailed me last week and told me I can get it delivered 'some time next week'. Alas, I still haven't received a call from him, but I just opened my Tesla account and it says my delivery is scheduled for this Saturday at 11 AM which OF COURSE I cannot be there for. I NEED TO SCHEDULE IT FOR LATER IN THE DAY BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TIME THE SC IS OPEN UNTIL. WTF? Has anyone else had a similar experience where their ISA scheduled something that didn't work for you? I also need to coordinate with my insurance and financing and whatnot to make sure everythings good on those fronts.
My problem is that I can't even get my ISA to contact me. I am not sure what is challenging about the logistics here. If Tesla hopes to ramp to 5K/wk or even 10K/wk, they seem to be challenged with arranging deliveries for 1k to 2k/week...

Reactions: kelly
2/28 - Invited and Configured

4/11 - VIN assigned (6 weeks)

4/12 - email from ISA - "Please call me to talk about next steps."

4/13 - called and left message, followed by email to ISA

4/19 - Called ISA again. Couple hours later called Tesla. ISA then called me, said she has been sick, is working from home, but will have a coworker call me before the end of the day. Said my car was arriving in AZ in two days. No call from coworker before end of day.

4/20 - Called Tesla again. Asked to speak to supervisor. Told "they are in a meeting" but someone will get back to you today. 20 minutes later got a call from a different ISA saying, "Congratulations, I can schedule your delivery for tomorrow at 10:30!" She then sent me the congratulatory email with additional final details. 30 minutes later she called back and canceled the delivery because "the truck didn't arrive today in AZ." Tentatively rescheduled for a week from today, 4/27.

In my opinion Tesla has one or more problems with their delivery system. Communication is one of them.

This has been similar to my experience. It's impossible to reach your ISA and when you do it's usually far from productive. I'm in Texas and we have to pay for the car in full before it leaves California. I've paid my car fully and still no idea where my car is. Another interest free loan to Tesla on me.

This has been similar to my experience. It's impossible to reach your ISA and when you do it's usually far from productive. I'm in Texas and we have to pay for the car in full before it leaves California. I've paid my car fully and still no idea where my car is. Another interest free loan to Tesla on me.

I'm in Louisiana and having to take delivery in Dallas or Houston and have zero idea what's going on since I got a VIN on 4/13. I'll just sit and wait since I'm not in a big hurry for it.

I'm in Louisiana and having to take delivery in Dallas or Houston and have zero idea what's going on since I got a VIN on 4/13. I'll just sit and wait since I'm not in a big hurry for it.

I would just get your finances ready in anticipation of contact with your ISA. That really moved the process along for me (i think). If you are taking delivery in Texas, the car cannot be shipped from California without being fully paid. I just wish communication with the ISA was better.

They will deliver the car to you in West Monroe, LA if you wish but having done that once I recommend that you go to the nearest service/delivery center to take delivery. In my case, the car goes to Houston where they prep it for delivery and then make arrangements to put it on a 3rd party truck to deliver to your house. The 3rd party truck is hit or miss as to how much "care" they take with your vehicle. I just found that taking delivery at the center (which I've done twice in Houston now) is a much more pleasant/enjoyable experience.

Mike