Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the call from my ISA today after getting VIN on Thurs. It was really just to confirm financials and registration details. Car is starting transport and the estimate he provided was for delivery on the week of April 23rd. Even for being in South Carolina, that seems long...maybe I'm wrong?

If that's the case, that'll make 9+ weeks from config to delivery. That's a crazy week for me too, so I may not be able to take delivery until the week after.

*UPDATE* - ISA just called, delivery appoint is now this coming Tuesday 4/10! What a pleasant surprise after just having come to terms with a 4/23 or later delivery!!

Reactions: PoitNarf
Apparently Birmingham has become the Black Hole of Tesla.

Birmingham is a third party site where rail cars of Teslas from CA are dropped off and picked up by car carrier trucks for delivery to East Coast SC's. At least in theory.

I spoke to a sales manager yesterday, 4/3, and my Model 3 is still in Birmingham, where it has been stuck for a week. I've been told that practically the entire Logistics Team is working on this but has been "unable to figure out what is going on in Birmingham." My delivery was originally scheduled for a week ago (3/28), but the Black Hole of Birmingham has a stronger pull on my car than I do. I am in limbo with no delivery date and no clue when I might get one.

I picture the Tesla Logistics Team huddled in a conference room littered with pizza boxes and half-empty beverage containers, brows furrowed and making up theories about what might be going on in Birmingham. I have a mind-blowing suggestion - get on a plane and go see!

Let's get serious Tesla, if Birmingham is the key to your East Coast deliveries, it can't take a week to figure out why cars are stuck there. You need an on-site expediter.

And we need our car.

I recall some recent articles I read about a shortage of truck drivers all over the US. Do a quick search on Google and you’ll find many articles on this. Here’s one: A Trucker Shortage Is Already Making Stuff More Expensive. A New Rule Is About to Make It Worse

It’s possible that they’re just having a hard time getting the amount of trucks and truck drivers they need. This does not bode well for the continued ramp in production. Other auto manufacturers are probably less affected since they use dealerships that have large amounts of vehicle inventory already on their lots. I long suspected that delivery logistics would become the new bottleneck for the Model 3 and it’s looking like that is starting to happen already.

VIN assigned on 4/2, got a call from ISA today.

The car has left Fremont but hasn't yet been put on the train destined for Tennessee. From TN it'll move to a truck for delivery to Tysons Corner, VA.

She said the car should arrive on Monday 4/23, and she's scheduled me for pickup on Friday 4/27. She said the date may move in if the car arrives sooner or if I want to pick it up before they detail/clean it.

Hurry; if you get onto WMATA's Silver Line -- NOW -- you may be able to arrive at the Tyco store by the scheduled delivery date! :)

Kidding aside; congratulations!

The car has left Fremont but hasn't yet been put on the train destined for Tennessee. From TN it'll move to a truck for delivery to Tysons Corner, VA.

She said the car should arrive on Monday 4/23, and she's scheduled me for pickup on Friday 4/27. She said the date may move in if the car arrives sooner or if I want to pick it up before they detail/clean it.

Got a question about next steps now that I got my VIN. It is probably in some earlier posts but can't seem to find it. What are the next steps? I think some people say that documents show up that you sign and return before even getting a call from your ISA. Since my delivery is Fremont, the transit time is gone so I want to be ready. I head out of town in a week. I am financing most of it but will need to pay a portion. Just want to know how much I need to talk to my ISA or just check my account. I thought once I got my VIN I would not have to visit My Tesla Account so often...maybe I am wrong.

They go to a rail yard in West Memphis,Arkansas. I live in Memphis and see truck loads of Tesla's heading east on I-40. Sadly hadn't seen any Model 3's.

Reactions: KentuckyX
Invited 2-22, Configured 2-23, VIN assigned 4-2 (100xx) - Black Aero No EAP

Got a call from my ISA this evening (4-4). She said the car is ready for shipment to the rail yard, and from there will go to another distribution center, where it will then be loaded on a truck and sent to my local SC (Springfield, NJ). She said she'd give me an update once it's on the truck headed to the SC, but expects it will be delivered by 4/26 or 4/27. Fingers crossed!

Update: what a difference a day makes. GPS pinger not pinging accurately so car got lost for a while. M3 was delivered last night Mt Kisco and picked up today. Drove 200 miles. Fit and finish was flawless. No wind noise and it was windy today on Taconic Parkway. A little road noise but not at all distracting. Very impressed overall. Everything works. Vin 0068xx. SC staff was knowledgeable and personable.

Reactions: Troy916

Got a call from my ISA this evening (4-4). She said the car is ready for shipment to the rail yard, and from there will go to another distribution center, where it will then be loaded on a truck and sent to my local SC (Springfield, NJ). She said she'd give me an update once it's on the truck headed to the SC, but expects it will be delivered by 4/26 or 4/27. Fingers crossed!

I got the same timeline. Looks like our cars might be on the same truck heading to Springfield, NJ.

Got a question about next steps now that I got my VIN. It is probably in some earlier posts but can't seem to find it. What are the next steps? I think some people say that documents show up that you sign and return before even getting a call from your ISA. Since my delivery is Fremont, the transit time is gone so I want to be ready. I head out of town in a week. I am financing most of it but will need to pay a portion. Just want to know how much I need to talk to my ISA or just check my account. I thought once I got my VIN I would not have to visit My Tesla Account so often...maybe I am wrong.

I'd start to get your loan in order, if you are going to have one and haven't done so already. You should get a call from your ISA within a few days to touch base and maybe give you a delivery estimate or at the very least a time when the delivery date/time will be defined. If after a few days you haven't gotten a call, phone Tesla with the number in your Tesla page and let them know you haven't been contacted by your ISA since you received your VIN and would like to find out your estimated delivery so you can do some planning. IIRC, there should be some finalization of documents in your Tesla account. Maybe the Proforma MVPA will be there with the rough numbers. The final MVPA will be generated a few days before you take delivery.

I'd start to get your loan in order, if you are going to have one and haven't done so already. You should get a call from your ISA within a few days to touch base and maybe give you a delivery estimate or at the very least a time when the delivery date/time will be defined. If after a few days you haven't gotten a call, phone Tesla with the number in your Tesla page and let them know you haven't been contacted by your ISA since you received your VIN and would like to find out your estimated delivery so you can do some planning. IIRC, there should be some finalization of documents in your Tesla account. Maybe the Proforma MVPA will be there with the rough numbers. The final MVPA will be generated a few days before you take delivery.

Thanks. I have my loan approved already. No MVPA yet. It expires on 4/12 but I think can be extended. Hopefully I can get it done before then.

Reactions: Kipp

I got the same timeline. Looks like our cars might be on the same truck heading to Springfield, NJ.

My delivery date is 4/28 at the Paramus store, so good to know there's a chance it may get pushed up by a day or two.