Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They will deliver the car to you in West Monroe, LA if you wish but having done that once I recommend that you go to the nearest service/delivery center to take delivery. In my case, the car goes to Houston where they prep it for delivery and then make arrangements to put it on a 3rd party truck to deliver to your house. The 3rd party truck is hit or miss as to how much "care" they take with your vehicle. I just found that taking delivery at the center (which I've done twice in Houston now) is a much more pleasant/enjoyable experience.

Mike

Right, I definitely want to take delivery in person, but I was hoping for Dallas rather than Houston. Houston would be fine since there is a Supercharger in Shreveport but I work remotely for an office based in the Dallas area which would have made things much easier.

My main concern is noticing fit/finish issues and having those document. Also glad to see you reply since I was following some of your posts back where you were getting your first S.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Right, I definitely want to take delivery in person, but I was hoping for Dallas rather than Houston. Houston would be fine since there is a Supercharger in Shreveport but I work remotely for an office based in the Dallas area which would have made things much easier.

My main concern is noticing fit/finish issues and having those document. Also glad to see you reply since I was following some of your posts back where you were getting your first S.

I would think they would be fine with Dallas - I think I'd call or email your ISA though and make sure they know that's what you want to do so they don't ship it somewhere else thinking they are going to truck it to your house.

I configured my Model 3 on 4/14 but still waiting on a VIN. I'm a bit jealous you got yours so fast! :). I will be trading in the Model S - having been in a Model S since June 2013 it's been a fantastic Tesla journey so far...

Mike

I would think they would be fine with Dallas - I think I'd call or email your ISA though and make sure they know that's what you want to do so they don't ship it somewhere else thinking they are going to truck it to your house.

I configured my Model 3 on 4/14 but still waiting on a VIN. I'm a bit jealous you got yours so fast! :). I will be trading in the Model S - having been in a Model S since June 2013 it's been a fantastic Tesla journey so far...

Mike

I figured you were just getting a second car. My wife can't believe we are spending this much on a car but I believe she will grow to love it. I expected the VIN to come much later but I got it as soon as I hit submit with my configuration and payment.

I called Tesla up on 4/18 and they said I wasn't assigned an ISA yet and just to wait, which I am. It's just funny how fast two years went by compared to this couple of weeks. To my knowledge there is only one S in this area and it is for sale, hoping to see a few Model 3.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
I just got a call from Tesla in Fremont, a different person than I had been dealing with. He called to tell me there was a delay with the transport truck and my car will not be available for delivery today (my originally scheduled date). The soonest available date he had for me was Wednesday evening, which I accepted.

This is for Costa Mesa, CA

• Disagree
Reactions: Dugknight
I completely understand that there is a whole process that goes into this, however, I wish there were some consistency with communications expectations. I got my invite 4/10 and configured that same day. Completed all but the insurance part of my application (my company only gives a 30 day window on a rate/quote) and got my VIN 4/13. I have not heard from anyone from Tesla at all. Because I planned to donate my Mustang rather than sell it (I know of a charity that takes cars in fair condition or better and gives them to families that need transportation), I was okay with waiting and letting the process be the process. Unfortunately I wrecked my car yesterday so while I do have wheels (using my wife's old truck instead of the rental), I would rather be in my own vehicle. I also have to get the electrician in to wire my garage for the wall connector, which according to Tesla could take as much as three weeks before it is shipped; thankfully the guy I picked does have a lot of other work to do while I wait for the connector.

While I am annoyed by lack of communication so far, I mainly feel bad because now I cannot donate the car as I had intended. My car is likely to be deemed a loss due to the amount of damage vs the value of the car. This communication thing just puts the cherry on top. I wonder how this shutdown of production affects this process.
You just got your invite and VIN. a lot of people have waited weeks for calls/vin. Give it another week

It's pretty clear that Tesla's post-production logistics are being stressed beyond belief right now. My ISA has been hard to reach on the phone, but typically responds to emails within a day or two. I live in Texas, so getting financing done quickly was super important to me because I know it can hold up shipping the vehicle. Finalizing financing should have taken only a day, but took pretty much an entire week because of communication difficulties between my bank and Tesla.

I was frustrated like a lot of you as I configured 3/22 and got vin 4/6 and didn't get any updates. Last Friday I called my local service center who IMed my ISA as well as letting me know that my car was in a train depot in Alabama. The ISA contacted me immediately and scheduled a delivery date for this Thursday. This might not work for everyone, especially if your car is not in transit yet but it could work.

I called Telsa and said that I had a VIN but not call from the ISA. They told me that they can only send a message to the ISA and let them know that your waiting and maybe you will get a call back, but its first come, first serve in line. Within 1hr I had a all from the ISA to get things moving.

I’ve been trying to get a hold of my ISA for the past few days to no avail. She called me today but I was not able to pick up. I called her back 5 mins later to a VM. Guess I will keep trying! I’ve configured 2/22 so it’s been over 2 months! I just want my car plzzz.

I figured you were just getting a second car. My wife can't believe we are spending this much on a car but I believe she will grow to love it. I expected the VIN to come much later but I got it as soon as I hit submit with my configuration and payment.

I called Tesla up on 4/18 and they said I wasn't assigned an ISA yet and just to wait, which I am. It's just funny how fast two years went by compared to this couple of weeks. To my knowledge there is only one S in this area and it is for sale, hoping to see a few Model 3.

There are 6 Model S in Monroe that I know and 1 X. Let me know when you get your 3. I would like to see it. I’ve seen 2 in the wild but none in northeast LA. I know someone else in West Monroe that has an estimated delivery for a 3 this summer.

There are 6 Model S in Monroe that I know and 1 X. Let me know when you get your 3. I would like to see it. I’ve seen 2 in the wild but none in northeast LA. I know someone else in West Monroe that has an estimated delivery for a 3 this summer.

I'm actually in West Monroe and rarely over in Monroe now since I quit working for CenturyLink. I'll definitely make a post over in the regional thread whenever it is here.

Reactions: msudawgfan
My ISA has been in contact but I would love to trade her in. She is not very nice and has been wrong on a few things. I am also not excited that I went from having a VIN on my account to having just a reservation number once again. That said, she insists that first week of May I should get the car but I have my doubts. I finally got her to admit that the fact that I no longer have a VIN it means that I could end up with a different car. More importantly, I am worried that there could be a delay because of something she did while working in my account.

Configured on 4/10 and VIN assigned on 4/14, received the e-mail that my vehicle was ready on 4/19, I called right away and left a voicemail on 4/19. No response as of this morning so I sent an e-mail today, 4/23 and received a phone call back right away but I couldn't pickup. I called them back and they answered right away. Delivery scheduled for 4/30 at Westmont, IL. Asked for a detailed bill of sale to cut a cashier's check but they stated it will be a couple days before that is generated. I don't want to wire the money or give them them cashier's check until after I inspect the car. Nervous and excited about taking delivery, there's a fine line between both emotions.

Reactions: Mod Y Guy
@Kurt Lentsch I hear you on not wanting to wire the money until you look at the car but then again it's so convenient to pay online. I think I'll make the smarter move though and go with the cashier's check option as well.

Here's how it went for me... Was assigned VIN on 4/13 and configured the same day. Got my VIN on 4/20. Called and emailed my ISA a couple times to no avail. At 11am today, 4/23, I called and left another message for my ISA. Finally, around 3:15pm I received a phone call and a different ISA left me a message saying, "Congratulations, your Model 3 is ready for delivery!". I got in touch with the new ISA around 3:30pm and setup my delivery pick up date for Tuesday, May 1st (18 days from configuration email to delivery... I'll take it). It's actually happening (I just had to pinch myself), and to think, it only took 25 months... what wait?! ;)