Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it's worth, I asked my ISA how many cars they were working on delivering, and was told that all the ISAs have 60-80 cars EACH that they are working on at any given time.
Also for what it is worth, the ISA I spoke with told me she had 100 of her own cases, plus she was covering for a sick coworker ISA. Then she scheduled my pickup. Then called back a half hour later and canceled it "because the truck didn't arrive." :rolleyes:

You just got your invite and VIN. a lot of people have waited weeks for calls/vin. Give it another week
Thanks? I still stick by my concern over lack of consistency. If everyone were having the same issue even within batches, I would understand. However even within order and VIN batches, even those with similar situations on down to delivery location are having different experiences. Hoping for consistency is not unreasonable, especially if Tesla is going to ramp up production after their latest upgrades.

For what it's worth, I asked my ISA how many cars they were working on delivering, and was told that all the ISAs have 60-80 cars EACH that they are working on at any given time.

They are way understaffed. Be prepared to cut them some slack.
Thanks for sharing this. If this is the case, then I understand the lack of consistency. Some cases may be more difficult than others i.e. refused delivery(ies) slowing down the backend (I have no problem with people refusing delivery for whatever reason; it makes for a better product).

I got an email from my ISA at 6:46pm today. We went over some details and made some corrections.

They are wanting to ship it to my house which I definitely do not want to do, or pick it up in Houston. I'll submit for trade-in tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to take delivery in May and I'm in no hurry as long as everything is in order and as reliable as can be.

I planned to take delivery in Devon, PA. In NJ there is no sales tax on EV but in PA there is. Based on my research, including speaking to someone who has delivered cars in Devon to NJ residents, there is no sales tax applied to the purchase price if you register the car in NJ. She told me if I did not change my delivery location to Paramus or Springfield I would be charged tax. Again, based on my research, that is not true. That said, I complied and agreed to change the location to Springfield despite my preference for Devon or Cherry Hill. If taking delivery in Springfield means a smoother transaction on the tax and registration side, fine, I will go there. I've heard good things about Devon and it is only a few minutes further from my home than Springfield and a much better drive so I wanted to go there. Alternatively, I have heard a few not so great things about Springfield.

While she is wrong I give her credit for trying to do something that she thinks will be better for the customer.

VIN gone. With her providing inaccurate advice and me following it, I cost myself a VIN and maybe a delivery at some point in the next couple of weeks. Today she finally admitted that her change prompted the VIN reassignment to someone else. Apparently, getting the car to a different SC would have delayed delivery even longer. I am kicking myself for not ignoring/fighting her on this topic. I really hope my current car does not have any issues along the way (it might).

Just took delivery of my 3 today and really love the car, the panel gap issues are there and you would think they would be better at alignment of body panels by now but it really does not bother me as the car is such a pleasure to drive and after renting an early model 3 with 18's I can now say that all the worry I had about the harsh ride is gone, my 3 with 19's is a night and day different ride quality and I fully expected I was going to have to find an after market solution to soften the ride but it is perfect, taut but not harsh like the early models

• Love
Reactions: Asad1087
Here I am the day before delivery without having received the paperwork to sign nor given the total balance due. I'm dumping my current vehicle tomorrow, so this last-minute bidness is making me nervous.

I never received the signed copy until I messaged my ISA and he sent it to me as well as the document group also sent a copy a few minutes before he did. Messafe or call your ISA and they should be able to resolve it for you.

That's taken care of and I did several times, but that shouldn't be necessary when it was already intimated it would be coming at a certain point in time and fails to arrive. I waited until the end of the final day it was set to arrive (day before delivery) to give the ISA a final nudge in order to give them as much time as possible so as not to appear to be nagging.

I am happy to report that my “end of the month” estimate that turned into a 5/5 scheduled delivery just turned into a 4/30 scheduled delivery!! That’s friggin Monday!! I’m waiting for the paperwork piece now.
I’m nervous...I’m excited....will try staying busy this weekend to help time pass.

Just took delivery of my 3 today and really love the car, the panel gap issues are there and you would think they would be better at alignment of body panels by now but it really does not bother me as the car is such a pleasure to drive and after renting an early model 3 with 18's I can now say that all the worry I had about the harsh ride is gone, my 3 with 19's is a night and day different ride quality and I fully expected I was going to have to find an after market solution to soften the ride but it is perfect, taut but not harsh like the early models
TIme to update your signature!