Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA Communications / Scheduled Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
Thought it made sense to start a new thread dedicated to discussion of communication with ISAs and scheduled delivery dates.

I received an email from my ISA overnight. They sent it at 9:28 PM Pacfic time, so they must be working some overtime to try and get all of these deliveries scheduled before the end of the month!

I need to send my ISA a copy of the title of the car I’m looking to trade in and was also told that I need my Model 3 listed on my insurance before I can take delivery. I was also given the choice of two tentative delivery times on March 29th! I went for the later appointment that day. My ISA said my Model 3 will be traveling by train but it has not been loaded yet. Very exciting!

If you have a VIN but have yet to receive a call from your ISA go and check your email and spam folders!

Reactions: Kipp and outdoors
My delivery date moved up almost 10 days once it was actually on the train. Then it moved back four days because of 'weather'.

If I update my insurance effective date again I think my agent is going to kill me.

Yikes, yeah I'm expecting the tentative date they gave me to be very fluid. As long as I can get my Wall Connector installed in my garage before I take delivery then I should be all good.

Lots of action with my order today! Just received a text that my trade-in quote was available to review on my Tesla account. Just a few minutes later I received a call from my ISA and she went over a few things with me and answered a few of my questions. I went ahead and confirmed the trade-in with Tesla just after I got off of the phone with my ISA. Tesla is offering me $6800 for my 2012 Ford Mustang which is right around what I was hoping for. My other option, Carvana, offered me $7100 when I got a quote from them. The Tesla offer was close enough that I decided to go with them just for the sheer convenience of dropping off my Mustang at the Tesla store when I go to pick up my Model 3. Now I don't need to worry about potentially being without a car for a few days before delivery or finding a ride to the Tesla store on my delivery day. March 29th can't come soon enough!

Congrats! Did anyone contact you prior to VIN assignment?

My experience seems to be tracking yours after a few days. Hoping to get some communication going with Tesla. Haven’t heard a thing so far.

No contact prior to my VIN assignment. I was assigned a VIN on Wednesday. Very first contact from anyone at Tesla was the email from my ISA late last night. I replied back early this morning and my ISA called me back a little after noon today.

Everything with my delivery profile is now marked as complete in my Tesla account. Just need the final paperwork to send to the credit union and whatever other paperwork I need to fill out. In the home stretch now, just 18 days to go!

• Helpful
Reactions: power-eq-iv
emlombardo, I currently own 2 MX’s and never had to list my new Tesla in order to take delivery. I also just spoke w/ my ISA on Friday and he co firmed they have everything ready for delivery. I submitted when configuring my M3 my current insurance card that did not have M3 listed. I would encourage you to ask your ISA if your current card is sufficient. My be dependent upon who your ISA is as I have close relationship w/ mine. Worth a shot!

• Informative
Reactions: emlombardo
For sure. Seems like they issued VINs before transport. So until it gets closer to leaving the plant they didn’t want to give a firm date.

When I spoke to my ISA yesterday she told me that the car hadn't shipped yet, so I suspect you're right.

Argh! I was hoping since I got a VIN on Saturday that I might actually get the car by the 24th, my self imposed deadline to be able to get the car and drive it on our trip to Florida at the beginning of April (want to get paint correction, Xpel and Ceramic Pro done before driving it too far)

emlombardo, I currently own 2 MX’s and never had to list my new Tesla in order to take delivery. I also just spoke w/ my ISA on Friday and he co firmed they have everything ready for delivery. I submitted when configuring my M3 my current insurance card that did not have M3 listed. I would encourage you to ask your ISA if your current card is sufficient. My be dependent upon who your ISA is as I have close relationship w/ mine. Worth a shot!
Could be different laws in NJ. I did buy one new car when living in NJ in 2012 but I can't remember if they required me to actually list the new car on my insurance. I think in CA we get a 14 day grace period when buying a new (or used) car to add it to our current insurance. It may be different if you don't currently have auto insurance.

Reactions: DR61