Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Isn't it about time. . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For us to begin speculating and preemptively complaining about V7.2?

History would tell us that we should be seeing the Beta soon and the GA release in April. I realize we aren't waiting on anything big that has been promised but not delivered like we were a year or so ago, but still.

My predicted feature list for 7.2:

• Autopilot nags are more randomized for added confusion.
  • In addition to the existing icons for cars, trucks, and motorcycles, the dashboard display will now also show Wienermobiles.
  • Maximum Summon distance increased from 39ft to 40ft.
  • Soothing voice occasionally whispers encouragement in your ear.
  • Trip Planner will now suggest charging for 0 minutes at known CHAdeMO and J1772 locations as well as Superchargers.
  • Bioweapon Defense Mode engages automatically when skunk smell is detected. (Model X only.)
  • Vampire drain reduced by 50% when windshield wiper fluid reservoir is filled with goat's blood. (100% for human blood, but this is not officially recommended or supported.)
  • "Stealth mode" auto lane change allows lane changing with autosteer without engaging the turn signals, to better blend in to the urban environment.
  • Auto-honk mode, which engages whenever TACC detects a car traveling below the speed limit with nobody in front of them. Future updates will enable auto-honk for sudden lane changes, hesitating at green lights, and passing friends.

7.1.666 automatically brake checks drivers following at 1 car length over 65 mph and captures their picture from rear cam on USB storage. Ability to learn certain voices and smother them with stereo volume. Ability to run full battery power to selected seat heaters. Smartphone controlled "Christine Mode."

Seriously, can't you capture two cameras to USB so we dont have to install those "numerous aftermarket electrical accessories" like dash cams that get written up in service notes. Sorry Blackvue, already have cameras on each end. Not sure I buy "no access to camera feed" arguments, when you're the manufacturer. It's not like I'm asking for a glove compartment oven.

My predicted feature list for 7.2:

• Autopilot nags are more randomized for added confusion.
  • In addition to the existing icons for cars, trucks, and motorcycles, the dashboard display will now also show Wienermobiles.
  • Maximum Summon distance increased from 39ft to 40ft.
  • Soothing voice occasionally whispers encouragement in your ear.
  • Trip Planner will now suggest charging for 0 minutes at known CHAdeMO and J1772 locations as well as Superchargers.
  • Bioweapon Defense Mode engages automatically when skunk smell is detected. (Model X only.)
  • Vampire drain reduced by 50% when windshield wiper fluid reservoir is filled with goat's blood. (100% for human blood, but this is not officially recommended or supported.)
  • "Stealth mode" auto lane change allows lane changing with autosteer without engaging the turn signals, to better blend in to the urban environment.
  • Auto-honk mode, which engages whenever TACC detects a car traveling below the speed limit with nobody in front of them. Future updates will enable auto-honk for sudden lane changes, hesitating at green lights, and passing friends.
Activation of the hitherto unannounced on-board laser beam weapon for the purposes of disintegrating slow caravans from the road. Significant reduction in range is acceptable in this instance. This will occur automatically in Autopilot mode

I'm just wondering what bugs Tesla will accidentally introduce in the media player in 7.2.
Seems like its the one part of the system that actually gets worse with each release, like no one there ever heard of regression testing.

They'll have a hard time topping their "greatest hits." Getting the car to play music to itself when no one is in it was genius!

They did take away that input selection shortcut in one of the recent versions. Perhaps 7.2 will take away volume control. Actually, no--that's too simple. Perhaps 7.2 will RANDOMIZE volume control!

Based on the latest ads from the other manufacturers, it looks like they are catching up with Tesla on their software. Other than the lack of a 17" touchscreen, they seem to be catching up with "autopilot" features and nice looking user interfaces...

Having watched how Tesla operates for several years, I expect 7.2 to hit us in June as part of a renewed media hype campaign, when the Model 3 buzz has begun to wear off, and quarter-end MS and MX delivery number looks likely to be underwhelming for Wall Street's insatiable growth demands.
As far as modifications in 7.2? Maybe we'll get white instead of gray number on the speedometer so it will be readable wit sunglasses (how hard should that be?), some media player glitch fixes, autopilot refinements that will somehow be hyped as perfecting that technology, my prayer for the ability in a settings window to toggle between the old 6.2 UI display and the new 7.0 UI (old coke vs new coke) -- like the way Volvo now allows you to do in their latest cars (among three UI views), no improvements to the NAV (I think we are screwed there), and maybe, just maybe, I get my Favorites phone number list function from my 6 year old Infiniti G37.