Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

isn't it ironic...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When all you want to do is purchase some gear at the Tesla Service Center and then come out to find that your Tesla Model S was hit by a Tesla Car Transporter while carrying another Tesla through the Tesla Service Center Parking Lot :(

I was shocked and so were the service center employees. Good thing for the dash cam (which I just installed a few weeks ago) otherwise we would have thought that it was a hit and run.

Attachments

• IMG_1260.JPG
    IMG_1260.JPG
    548.2 KB · Views: 110
Whether it was parked normally or not, it's still 100% the truck drivers fault. I like that option of just picking a brand new replacement though. :)
I assume you were parked "normally" and this was 100% the truck drivers fault. Too bad they couldn't just let you pick a car off the transport ;)

Yes, parked normally up front where you would expect not to get hit haha.

• Funny
Reactions: mikerathbun
so i finally received the estimate to get this fixed and the tesla approved body shop is stating that they must REPLACE THE ENTIRE TRUNK. this seems a bit extravagant since the rear bumper took most of the impact and the trunk only received a minor dent.

does anyone else have experience with an accident that involved the trunk and does this seem to be inline?

this is clearly not going to be billed to my insurance, but i prefer to fix rather than a replacement since i would like to keep my original rear windshield with matching tint and the dash cam mount. (they want to replace that rear windshield glass too as part of the trunk piece).

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

When all you want to do is purchase some gear at the Tesla Service Center and then come out to find that your Tesla Model S was hit by a Tesla Car Transporter while carrying another Tesla through the Tesla Service Center Parking Lot :(

That is wrong on so many levels. I feel for you. That is what I fear would be my luck. I seem to attract f ups by others. I have a dash cam for the very reason. I hope they will do whatever you want and how you want it fixed. I would also make sure it is well documented so when you sell or lease turn in (KEEP that vid for life of car), there can be NO deductions from that where you'd have to take additional $ hit. Best of luck.:):(:mad::confused::eek::oops:o_O

Reactions: vesder21
Tesla is extremely conscientious when having the cars repaired.

I had damaged my back end - slightly. The bumper was scatched and a small (less than 1 inch) scratch in the trunk. I didn't even see it unless the car was freshly washed.

Nonetheless they had the trunk replaced and my insurance went along with it (it had been my fault, but I have insurance for that).

Reactions: vesder21