TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ISO LR Model 3

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Duc Duck Doc, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Duc Duck Doc

Duc Duck Doc Member

I'd appreciate any advice on things to look for and tips on when/where to buy. I'd favor a private seller, but could also get one from Tesla. Is it best to wait until January? Do prices vary much seasonally? I'm not interested in full self driving and want to find one with miles on the low side.Thanks!

• Like x 1
  2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

3. Duc Duck Doc

Duc Duck Doc Member

I checked that out and there are a couple that caught my eye. I've also been on onlyusedteslas.com.

4. Xenoilphobe

i bought my last model s off eBay, got a great deal and 90K later still rocking it

5. Duc Duck Doc

Duc Duck Doc Member

I've peeked at eBay, too. I'm a little wary.

6. Xenoilphobe

I've bought several cars off eBay; P85+, Miata, FJ Cruiser, 2 VW Passats and sold one Model S over eBay too.

7. SamDean

SamDean Member

Same here. I see a lot of scammers out there especially when it comes to saying that a car has AP. That's actually what happened with mine and I had to get a Lawyer involved. Good news, if it happens to you via a FL dealer I have a great lawyer for you. haha.

• Informative x 1
  8. Xenoilphobe

just make sure you run the VIN and have Tesla confirm all the options, like in service date, which is when they start the clock on warranties. Example, my car was manufactured March 2014, but didn't get titled until March 2015, I assumed (incorrectly) that my warranty would expire in March 2018, it didn't, it was under factory warranty until March 2019 and is still under the powertrain warranty that goes until March 2023... so do your homework, most the dealers are complete idiots and have no idea about FSD, AP2, Subzero, in service date, etc.

In fact their are some great 2017 P100D's getting into the high $70K online.... so I'm keeping my eyes open for a great deal.

9. St_Bernardus

St_Bernardus Member

Ebay prices are crazy on model 3s prob because people buy internationally and use shipping services.