Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

ISO Used Model S 2016 or newer

Hi! I’m in the market for a new/used car.
Looking for a model S.
Would be interested in 2016 or newer.

Don’t need any bells or whistles (although I’m open to them!). Lower mileage is a plus.

This will be my commuting car.

Looks like a 2018 base S will run me around $65k after rebates, so I would want to pay at least $10k less (unless the upgrades are amazing) otherwise I’ll just buy new.

We’re going to the showroom tomorrow, but if anyone is selling in my price range, just let me know!

Thanks!!

Amit519

Roadster dreams!!
Feb 6, 2018
NorCal, USA
Looking for a model S.

Don’t need any bells or whistles (although I’m open to them!). Lower mileage is a plus.

Looks like a 2018 base S will run me around $65k after rebates, so I would want to pay at least $10k less (unless the upgrades are amazing) otherwise I’ll just buy new.

We’re going to the showroom tomorrow, but if anyone is selling in my price range, just let me know!

Thanks!!
@Saroven when considering whether to buy a used 2016+ Tesla MS vs new, you should know that the free supercharging offer for buying with a referral is also something important to keep in mind when deciding.
You can always PM for referral code to get free supercharging for life.

Looking for a model S.

Thanks!!
Can you DM me and explain how you can get a new one for $65k?????

Amit519

Roadster dreams!!
Feb 6, 2018
NorCal, USA
Can you DM me and explain how you can get a new one for $65k?????
@Goinglongg
If one qualifies for the federal tax credit of $7,500 and if buyer is a California native and meets the income eligibility requirements to qualify for the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, then one can buy a new model S 75D with no upgrades for close to $65k before taxes, title and registration fees.
Screenshot_20180303-152829.jpg

@Goinglongg
If one qualifies for the federal tax credit of $7,500 and if buyer is a California native and meets the income eligibility requirements to qualify for the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, then one can buy a new model S 75D with no upgrades for close to $65k before taxes, title and registration fees. View attachment 284162

Thank you! Would have been my exact reply...

We go to the dealership tomorrow. If I pull the trigger, I’ll be in touch about the referral code. Thank you!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC