TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ISOFIX access points

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by vegar_m, Aug 18, 2017.

1. vegar_m

vegar_m New Member

When I did a test drive last winter, I felt that the ISOFIX was hidden very far under the seat, difficult to reach.

1. Has this been changed with the back seat upgrade this summer? I really need to know. If it is easier, we're really considering to replace our order to get the new back seats.

2. Is it easier to access ISOFIX with the included seats than the leather seats?

Thank you so much for quick answers! :)

2. Argonaut

Argonaut Member

I've got the late 2016 seats and don't have an issue attaching my child's seats using the isofix guides that the seat came with. Do you have guides as well?

3. davidahn

davidahn Member

No problems here, next gen leather seats, I installed my car seat base with the Isofix mount points. One side was trickier to latch than the other, but if you feel with your fingers, it's easy to feel the bars. If you look at how long the Isofix clips on the car seat bases, you can see they're long, designed for buried Isofix brackets.

4. unbelievable

unbelievable Member

Did you not get any of the isofix guides with your child seat? They're little plastic collars that stay in position in the car. The isofix goes into the collar and then engages – doesn't touch the leather at all.