Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue after back to back nights of supercharge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not. Back-to-back nights I’ve charged my Tesla model three with a supercharger. Then when I started to drive and used enhanced auto pilot. After maybe a minute or less. I start getting the takeover controls error. Then the blinkers pop on. I then was not able to use enhanced auto pilot for the remainder of the drive. When it happened the second day. I pulled over, got out let the car sit for a few minutes. The tried again after the error happened again within 30 seconds it did it again. I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my car or what but this is new. I definitely can’t imagine this is a coincidence since this is never happened and now it’s happened back-to-back nights after a fast charge.

I would open a service. ticket summarizing the issue, and note the specific date and time that the events took place. They'll remotely log into your car and check the logs to see what the car was doing. I doubt it's related to the supercharging, (I use superchargers often), but I'd let the techs investigate.

Upvote 0
I also doubt supercharging had anything to do with it. Did you get a software update recently?

The only time the emergency flashers should come on like that is if the car disables Autosteer and tells you to take over, but you don’t. Maybe there’s a problem with the torque sensor in your steering wheel. Make a service appointment.

Upvote 0
I don’t know if this is a coincidence or not. Back-to-back nights I’ve charged my Tesla model three with a supercharger. Then when I started to drive and used enhanced auto pilot. After maybe a minute or less. I start getting the takeover controls error. Then the blinkers pop on. I then was not able to use enhanced auto pilot for the remainder of the drive. When it happened the second day. I pulled over, got out let the car sit for a few minutes. The tried again after the error happened again within 30 seconds it did it again. I don’t know if there’s something wrong with my car or what but this is new. I definitely can’t imagine this is a coincidence since this is never happened and now it’s happened back-to-back nights after a fast charge.
My M3 SR did this a few times during our last couple of longish drives. Haven't Supercharged in over a month, so that ain't it!

Rich

Upvote 0