Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue: AP Tracking Vehicles in Adjacent Lanes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Anyone else having this issue the past 2 or 3 software versions?

AP is tracking vehicles in adjacent lanes and slowing, sometimes aggressively, to match their speed. AP has even tracked a vehicle in an adjacent lane that was behind me and slammed the brakes on. This is happening dozens of times on my recent trips and means I have to hover my foot over the accelerator the entire time to stop it phantom braking.

See image below of the car tracking two cars in the left lane that are clearly in their own marked lane. Car would not pass them and matched their speed (105), I had to override by pressing the accelerator.

IMG_7068.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: KenC and SlimJim
Yes. I commute same Freeway and I am always on guard with the same places where car on adjacent lane is yawed towards your lane - then my car will abruptly slow down to avoid what it think is a likely collision.

This is my usual scenario: I'm in HOV lane next to a merge lane (on my right) without any merging car, but Tesla is tracking a car (blackened in screen) the next lane over (on my right still; fast lane on freeway where cars are going 80+ mph and I'm in HOV lane at 75sh mph).

So I look out for (blackened) cars and at the ready to intervene, or just move away on the next lane if feasible.
20201025_061659.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: SlimJim
Hey guys,

Anyone else having this issue the past 2 or 3 software versions?

AP is tracking vehicles in adjacent lanes and slowing, sometimes aggressively, to match their speed. AP has even tracked a vehicle in an adjacent lane that was behind me and slammed the brakes on. This is happening dozens of times on my recent trips and means I have to hover my foot over the accelerator the entire time to stop it phantom braking.

See image below of the car tracking two cars in the left lane that are clearly in their own marked lane. Car would not pass them and matched their speed (105), I had to override by pressing the accelerator.

View attachment 602288
Yes. Hate it.

Reactions: rohan_aus