Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue charging and power outage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the other day i needed to take my charging cable with me so as i walked buy the plug i pulled it out of the wall. Since im new to this, i didnt think about disconnecting it from thr car first. i couldnt unplug from the car after that. So i plugged it into wall again, waited for it to communicate then start charging. Did the normal push the button to get it out and it wouldnt release. Took about 5 min to get it to let go. So, how do i fix that if i loose power to the out let either by an outage where power isnt restored before i need to leave or if i accidently do that again?

where the car's doors locked? if your car's doors are locked the charge port will lock the connection and the charger cannot be removed.
This is probably what happened. If you mistakenly unplug the UMC and plug it back in again, the cable is ready to disconnect in a few seconds. When approaching the car from the rear (or standing at the charge port in the rear) it's easy to forget that the doors are still locked so the charge port is also locked.