Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue That Impacts Such A Narrow Band Probably

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All,

I'm having a terrible issue with Bluetooth on my 2015 S85. I'm concurrently working on the Android side to also research.

The problem is with my Nexus 6P running Marshmallow 6.0.1. This is why I'm fearing it's a narrow issue, how many of you who have a Tesla also have a Nexus 6P?

Issues:
1. Bluetooth connection is terrible between this car and my phone. The Bluetooth drops frequently and does not reconnect, or during a call it will just go silent even though it is connected. I am not pressing mute nor anything else to trigger this other than answer the call via the vehicle

2. The really bad problem I am experiencing is where somehow my phone is wiping ALL bluetooth connections when it connects to my vehicle (intermittently this is). This would be a minor inconvenience if I did not have existing bluetooth connections for various other devices, vehicles, watches, etc.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Can anyone offer any sort of solution or work around/suggestion other than NOT connecting the phone to the Tesla? It is only with this car that my multiple connections get wiped.

Thanks

I have a classic S85 on firmware 2.22.15 and a Nexus 6P running the N Beta (currently on build number NPD56N). I also have a classic Pebble watch that is connected to the phone at all times. I haven't had the same specific issues. Certainly I have never had it wipe all of my other connections. Every once in a while the car won't connect to my phone, and I have to forget the connection on each (i.e., forget the Tesla on the phone and delete the phone from the Tesla). Once I re-connect it fixes everything for a few weeks. I have had my car for about 6 weeks now and it has happened twice or at most three times. I think that once I had to reset the 17'' to get the phone to re-connect to the car.

If you haven't already, do the double-forget and the reset the 17''.

Otherwise, if you are willing, maybe upgrading to N Beta might help. I have been on N for maybe 4-ish weeks but don't remember having difficulty before either, though, so I'm not sure if it will solve the issue. There are some cool features that make it worth it regardless, and it has been super stable for me. The only caveat is if you don't like it and want to revert to Marshmallow you have to do a factory reset.

This may be of no help to you but: I have an iPhone 6 Plus that was having terrible Bluetooth problems in my Model S. It wouldn't even play a podcast for more than 1 minute before disconnecting. This went on for months before I figured out what it was. My Pebble Smartwatch, which operated on Bluetooth LE was somehow disrupting the signal from my iPhone to the car. I'm not sure if the problem was on the iPhone side or the Tesla side. But it might be worth checking to see if you have any other BT devices that might be causing interference.

All,

I'm having a terrible issue with Bluetooth on my 2015 S85. I'm concurrently working on the Android side to also research.

The problem is with my Nexus 6P running Marshmallow 6.0.1. This is why I'm fearing it's a narrow issue, how many of you who have a Tesla also have a Nexus 6P?

Issues:
1. Bluetooth connection is terrible between this car and my phone. The Bluetooth drops frequently and does not reconnect, or during a call it will just go silent even though it is connected. I am not pressing mute nor anything else to trigger this other than answer the call via the vehicle

2. The really bad problem I am experiencing is where somehow my phone is wiping ALL bluetooth connections when it connects to my vehicle (intermittently this is). This would be a minor inconvenience if I did not have existing bluetooth connections for various other devices, vehicles, watches, etc.

Has anyone else experienced these issues? Can anyone offer any sort of solution or work around/suggestion other than NOT connecting the phone to the Tesla? It is only with this car that my multiple connections get wiped.

Thanks

I have the 5x and the only time I seem to have issues as you described are when I let the battery get really low on my phone. The best I could figure is that as some sort of power savings, it does something to the Bluetooth that confuses the car.

Off topic, but do you get notifications from the Tesla app on your Pebble?

The Pebble app is set to display Tesla notifications, but I have pretty much all notifications off in the Tesla app itself, so I can't actually remember getting one on the watch. If you are having problems and need another data point for troubleshooting let me know and I will be happy to turn notifications on and run some tests.

The Pebble app is set to display Tesla notifications, but I have pretty much all notifications off in the Tesla app itself, so I can't actually remember getting one on the watch. If you are having problems and need another data point for troubleshooting let me know and I will be happy to turn notifications on and run some tests.

If you could, I'd appreciate it. I know that Supercharging creates a notification regardless of setting (there's no way to turn it off).

If you could, I'd appreciate it. I know that Supercharging creates a notification regardless of setting (there's no way to turn it off).

Now that I look, I see that I have software update notifications on in the Telsa app, but I definitely didn't get the notification on my pebble a few days ago when the newest update pushed out. I will play around with it tonight to see if I can get charge start notifications.