Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue w Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, today I experienced an issue w trunk which was not closing automatically. When I tapped on physical button, it didn’t close completely and when I tapped on it again to open it damaged the rear quarter (idk if that’s the right terminology.) Now it doesn’t close automatically and makes noise when moving on corners.

Attached the photos. I scheduled service, can anyone help how much it will be? It is silly that I may have to pay for repair which is not even my fault.

Attachments

• 4511AFB3-E325-4F92-ACD9-927859DA81D6.jpeg
    4511AFB3-E325-4F92-ACD9-927859DA81D6.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 0A798D1C-FA61-4EEA-BC0F-FCA2FB138DE0.jpeg
    0A798D1C-FA61-4EEA-BC0F-FCA2FB138DE0.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 104
Hi all, today I experienced an issue w trunk which was not closing automatically. When I tapped on physical button, it didn’t close completely and when I tapped on it again to open it damaged the rear quarter (idk if that’s the right terminology.) Now it doesn’t close automatically and makes noise when moving on corners.

Attached the photos. I scheduled service, can anyone help how much it will be? It is silly that I may have to pay for repair which is not even my fault.
People had no problem getting the same issue fixed under warranty. Presuming you are talking about the factory motorized trunk (not an aftermarket mod) there is no reason why it won't be covered under warranty (unless the there was something foreign you put inside that caught in the trunk).

People had no problem getting the same issue fixed under warranty. Presuming you are talking about the factory motorized trunk (not an aftermarket mod) there is no reason why it won't be covered under warranty (unless the there was something foreign you put inside that caught in the trunk).

This is helpful, thank you very much! I didn't do any aftermarket mod, so it should be covered from what I hear from you