Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with autopilot and FSD on 1st day after delivery of ModelY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I took delivery of the ModelY demo piece yesterday. After getting home finished the software update and then tried driving to finish calibration which was stuck at 33% when I got it. It was stuck at that point and never finished even after driving close to 100 miles. The next day I tried doing a factory reset and then driving again this time it's stuck at 0% and I no longer see the calibration progress round bar on the main screen. Anyone facing similar issues I feel really annoyed and cheated by Tesla. Was so excited to buy the first tesla.

Taking delivery end of Dec/start of Jan in Boston, any rain or winter weather? I can imagine rain and snow would mess up any calibration attempts, but I could be wrong. Also if roads are snow covered and you cannot see markings, they will probably not help either. Wait for clear conditions, make sure cameras are clean, do the reset as mentioned above, and try again.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hi
I took delivery of the ModelY demo piece yesterday. After getting home finished the software update and then tried driving to finish calibration which was stuck at 33% when I got it. It was stuck at that point and never finished even after driving close to 100 miles. The next day I tried doing a factory reset and then driving again this time it's stuck at 0% and I no longer see the calibration progress round bar on the main screen. Anyone facing similar issues I feel really annoyed and cheated by Tesla. Was so excited to buy the first tesla.
Well, I might also be a little annoyed, yet I would not jump to a conclusion I was cheated by Tesla if it is my first Tesla, just got it, don't know it well, and might be something I haven't done yet. Let's find the reason before assuming Tesla cheated you. Try the solution that LNL_Hutz shows above, reboot, and take it from there.

Was so excited to buy the first tesla.

Pretty sure Elon got the first Tesla. Anyway I am sure it will all work out in due time. Maybe even call customer service and they can walk you through over the phone. They are pretty nice. Hold time might be a bit. Once that warm voice comes over the phone the cheated feeling might go away.

Reactions: ArtK