Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with bosal hitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last winter i successfully used my bosal hitch with my snowboard rack no issues at all. This year when i went to put the piece into the car it wouldn't lock in it took several attempts before it would even get half way. Is there something I'm supposed to be lubricating or does this sound like something I need to take it to the service center for? I eventually gor it to lock into place but it took a good 30 minutes of messing with it before it finally locked into place. Of course I'm using the hitch right now so I'm not going to try and remove it but I'm thinking I'm going to have an issue removing it because once it locked in place I couldn't get it to budge at all.

Did you check for any corrosion up inside the receiver? Trailer hitches are prone to rust and that can cause things to tighten up. I usually keep a thin layer of grease wherever there is metal to metal contact. Best bet is to have service center take a look when you get a chance.