Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with delivery. Plus charger port issue.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, we were so excited to pick up our model y today. We get in our car, service advisor said it would be 10 min for them to print paper work to sign and we would be on r way. Well we waited in the car for over two hour, with a 6 year old In back wanting to go
Home.
In the end the issue was with my wife’s licence being expired when we ordered car, but due to COVID in Ontario we were not able to renew for a time. Eventually my wife did get the card renewed. But Tesla never asked for the card I got to be sent during our 4 month waiting period. We figured everything was ok, did not think twice about it.
Anyways they ended up giving us a performance model y to take home for the night.

And said they will give us something for r time. (Possibly) will see tomorrow when we pick it up.
I also found issue with charger port not being flush, has anybody seen this before?

I sent a email to dealer, hopefully it will be fixed before I pick it up.
I will let you know the results.

see pic
2FAC0033-8069-497C-90AB-C2501E6E531B.jpeg

I also found issue with charger port not being flush, has anybody seen this before?

This isn't so much about that specific issue with the charge port, but I do try to caution people about expectations with how the Tesla model is, that something like this is not unusual. In the first week or two that you use the car, you possibly (likely?) will find a couple of things that need correcting. Just make your list, and let Tesla know, and they will take care of it. That's why newly built ships have the "shakedown cruise". Any really complex piece of machinery may have a couple things that weren't quite perfect in being built and will need a fix-up.

This is somewhat of the nature of the very quick time from finishing off the production line to your delivery appointment being just a few days or a week. It's something where the 3rd party dealership model has a little bit of an advantage. From other traditional brands, cars go for many weeks or sometimes months in the process from finishing build to getting to dealers, to getting some of these things fixed in the service departments, to sitting on the lots, getting test driven, having more things noticed and pointed out, getting fixed in the service department, going back out on the lot, etc. etc. before someone actually ends up choosing and buying that car. So a lot of this stuff is taken care of before most customers even get to see those things.

This isn't so much about that specific issue with the charge port, but I do try to caution people about expectations with how the Tesla model is, that something like this is not unusual. In the first week or two that you use the car, you possibly (likely?) will find a couple of things that need correcting. Just make your list, and let Tesla know, and they will take care of it. That's why newly built ships have the "shakedown cruise". Any really complex piece of machinery may have a couple things that weren't quite perfect in being built and will need a fix-up.

This is somewhat of the nature of the very quick time from finishing off the production line to your delivery appointment being just a few days or a week. It's something where the 3rd party dealership model has a little bit of an advantage. From other traditional brands, cars go for many weeks or sometimes months in the process from finishing build to getting to dealers, to getting some of these things fixed in the service departments, to sitting on the lots, getting test driven, having more things noticed and pointed out, getting fixed in the service department, going back out on the lot, etc. etc. before someone actually ends up choosing and buying that car. So a lot of this stuff is taken care of before most customers even get to see those things.
Good to know. I have the same issue with my charging port. Love the car so much I could almost over look it. But good to know it can be fixed.

Hi guys, we were so excited to pick up our model y today. We get in our car, service advisor said it would be 10 min for them to print paper work to sign and we would be on r way. Well we waited in the car for over two hour, with a 6 year old In back wanting to go
Home.
In the end the issue was with my wife’s licence being expired when we ordered car, but due to COVID in Ontario we were not able to renew for a time. Eventually my wife did get the card renewed. But Tesla never asked for the card I got to be sent during our 4 month waiting period. We figured everything was ok, did not think twice about it.
Anyways they ended up giving us a performance model y to take home for the night.

And said they will give us something for r time. (Possibly) will see tomorrow when we pick it up.

I will let you know the results.

see picView attachment 645163
I had a chargeport door that was similarly out of alignment at time of delivery. Mobile service tech replaced the whole assemble (including door) and now the alignment is perfect. Took all of 30 minutes in my driveway.

Reactions: Rocky_H