Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Las Vegas service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my car in for a BMS error code "acceleration reduced". They inpsected the car/battery and assessed I needed HV contactors replaced. On the side, they said you might have an AC Leak too while they were inspecting. This was back on June 14th, I have the estimate. I approved the estimate and HV contactors were to be replaced under warranty. The parts took about 6 weeks to arrive so they have had the car now for 7-8 weeks. Fast forward, I just received a text from the service center that my whole HV battery needs to be replaced, but not under warranty. I asked why its not under warranty since I have it under warranty till 2026, They told me there is physical damage to the underbody of the car that impacted the battery, my bill is now $14,000!!! Why was this not found on the first inspection of the battery 7 weeks ago. What happened to my car while it was at the shop for 7 weeks waiting on parts? BTW, im 5 hours from this service location so my only way of contact is through the app because they never pick up the phone. 7 weeks and not one phone call yet, I have not been able to a person. What should I do? I called my insurance already which they will probably cover, but I cant help but feel like something happened to my car while it was there parked on its lot for 7 weeks. How do they miss a physical damage on the first diagnostic 7 weeks ago. Either they never even looked at my car in the first place and its been sitting there for 7 weeks, or something happened. Do I have a case to contact a lawyer?

Reactions: Jabbahop
yeah, I dont know, I consulted with a few of my friends who have practices, they all said to just have insurance take care of it, not worth the cost of lawyer. But they all did agree it does sound strange. I talked to my local san diego advisor who I have talked to more about my car in vegas then the actual vegas team, and he also agreed that physical damage under the car should have been noticed especially if your car was brought in for a battery issue, its one of the places they physically inspect if there was a battery code error. Vegas team said 7 weeks later, that the ski rails were completely ripped off, right where the battery impact is. I have no idea what the ski rail is, so I asked my san diego advisor and he said, thats just a plastic plate underneath the car. He was surprised they didnt noticed that when I took the car in 7 weeks ago. I know the car has been driven at least 3 miles since I dropped it off. I had to inquire why my car a few weeks in, was no longer at the shop. I can still see the location address on my app,. they said dont worry, your car was moved to an offsite parking lot since we are waiting for parts....

I believe the term is "skid", not ski. Shielding to protect the battery from being damaged, like the Skid Plate.

A simple search for "Tesla model S battery skid rails" would give you some ideas.
No, Tesla actually calls them "Ski" rails.

1659966468374.png

1659966537085.png

Reactions: zoomer0056
Isn’t it great dealing with a company where you can’t talk to a human being anymore? I had an issue where Tesla shipped an accessory order to an old address from 6 month ago despite all of my account address being updated to our new address. I spent hours trying to contact a human being and finally ended up calling their car sales line to talk to someone who put me in touch with the right person. There is an email address for accessories, but the say they’re respond in 5-7 days!! Love my car and hate dealing with a company that refuses human interaction.

Reactions: weezas12345