Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Lowering Brackets by Unplugged Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey X Family,

First of all let me share that they (David) were great to work with.

Here is my situation:

My mechanic buddy just installed the kit. After all was installed , I lowered it to very low and it did lower but then went immediately back into Jack Mode.

The X wouldn't get out of Jack Mode so I drove it up and down the street which did take it out of Jack Mode. However, when I went to raise it up, I received "Air Suspension Needs Service. Unable to Adjust Height".

Also, in the Controls then Suspension screen, it shows in Very Low mode but it seems to be constantly thinking with the circle going around. Pic attached.

I'm currently stuck in Very Low mode with Unplugged's lowering brackets on with the error message on my dash.

Can anyone assist or has anyone came across this issue.

I've sent an email and left a voicemail with Unplugged Performance as well. Let's hope they get back to me quickly.

Thanks all!

John

Attachments

• XError1.JPG
    XError1.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 416
  • XError2.JPG
    XError2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Hey X Family,

First of all let me share that they (David) were great to work with.

Here is my situation:

My mechanic buddy just installed the kit. After all was installed , I lowered it to very low and it did lower but then went immediately back into Jack Mode.

The X wouldn't get out of Jack Mode so I drove it up and down the street which did take it out of Jack Mode. However, when I went to raise it up, I received "Air Suspension Needs Service. Unable to Adjust Height".

Also, in the Controls then Suspension screen, it shows in Very Low mode but it seems to be constantly thinking with the circle going around. Pic attached.

I'm currently stuck in Very Low mode with Unplugged's lowering brackets on with the error message on my dash.

Can anyone assist or has anyone came across this issue.

Thanks all!

John
They told me to go through all the heights right after I left. Then I would do a hard power off.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about my situation:

Looks like because my X was originally configured for 20's, most likely caused this error.

I have a call into my local Service Center to ask them to, over the air, re-calibrate my suspension to 22" wheels.

The service center says it will take 24-48 hours to take a look at my issue. Max from Unplugged says they sometimes will try to have the customer drive to the center to get the re-calibration but this can and has been done over the air.
I'll keep everyone updated for future reference.

Kudos to Max from Unplugged Performance for getting and supporting my issue in such a quick manner.

Thanks,

John

Reactions: UnpluggedP
Has anyone gotten an answer on how the service centers will react to the threats that " this could void your warrantee". I lowered my Cayenne and I don't think the dealer ever knew or cared

I'll be able to give you an answer in a couple of days as to how my local service center reacts to my issue. Shouldn't be an issue since I'm only asking them to recalibrate my suspension from 20's to 22's.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about my situation:

Looks like because my X was originally configured for 20's, most likely caused this error.

I have a call into my local Service Center to ask them to, over the air, re-calibrate my suspension to 22" wheels.

Does anyone know what the calibration does exactly? Does it actually alter the suspension geometry, ride height, and/or dampening rates due to wheel size?!?