Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Profile linkage to phones in Locks settings page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I'm a new Tesla owner, a Model 3. I'm pretty techie so I'm not having many issues with the settings. But I seem to have a problem with having the a profile tie itself to a phone.

The profiles we've got set up for my wife and I are linked to our iphones in the LOCKS settings page. I can see my wife's profile is set to her phone and I can see my profile is set to her phone. I also do not have either of us set as a priority.

When I switch the profile to my wife, it then automatically sets the phone (for calling, spotify, etc) to her phone. That works perfectly. But when I then change to my profile, it does change my profile but it does not then automatically change the phone setting to my phone. I have to do that manually by pressing on the phone area on the screen and then clicking the proper area to change to my phone. If I then switch back to my wife's phone, it against automatically connects to her phone.

I cannot figure out why it works with her profile/phone and not with mine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sounds like your wifes phone is marked as the priority device, to me. Tesla added that in response to profile issues, but they still exist in one form or another. What I do is set the "primary driver" of the car to that phone, and the other person has to swap to their phone (I have a model 3 and my wife has a model Y, but we both drive both).

Sounds like your wifes phone is marked as the priority device, to me. Tesla added that in response to profile issues, but they still exist in one form or another. What I do is set the "primary driver" of the car to that phone, and the other person has to swap to their phone (I have a model 3 and my wife has a model Y, but we both drive both).
I just looked once again, and confirmed that her phone under "Bluetooth Settings" has Priority Device unchecked. Same with mine.