Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with slow charging at home via podpoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently got a model Y.

We have a 3 yr old podpoint charger at home that we use to charge up an old NIsan Leaf with no issues. It's got a tethered type 1 cable so i bought a type 1 to type 2 adapter for it so I can charger the Y up.

I set up scheduling on the pod point app to only charge between 00:30 and 04:30 each morning when my cheap electricity is.

Some nights the Model Y charges fine and I get a healthy does of charge.

Other nights it's doesn't charge much. Like last night the app tells me it only added 17kWh. Also when I look at the app it says '5 A' under the charge details...implying it was only charging at 5 amps? Other times when it has charged well it will show 22A or more.

Any ideas why my charge rate seems so inconsistant?

We recently got a model Y.

We have a 3 yr old podpoint charger at home that we use to charge up an old NIsan Leaf with no issues. It's got a tethered type 1 cable so i bought a type 1 to type 2 adapter for it so I can charger the Y up.

I set up scheduling on the pod point app to only charge between 00:30 and 04:30 each morning when my cheap electricity is.

Some nights the Model Y charges fine and I get a healthy does of charge.

Other nights it's doesn't charge much. Like last night the app tells me it only added 17kWh. Also when I look at the app it says '5 A' under the charge details...implying it was only charging at 5 amps? Other times when it has charged well it will show 22A or more.

Any ideas why my charge rate seems so inconsistant?
Please post a photo of this charging arrangement. It would be helpful for those not in the UK to see the setup. A plug could be overheating. This would cause the charging amperage to be automatically cut back.