Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Tesla Mobile app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m currently out of town and when I checked on my car yesterday the range was blank as well as the odometer. I called Tesla today and they said the car was in a deep sleep but I sent someone to wake the car up and the issue continues. Anyone has any ideas?

Attachments

• 42C865EC-7136-45D4-87C4-8EA64CC07EF2.jpeg
    42C865EC-7136-45D4-87C4-8EA64CC07EF2.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 76
Did your car have internet connectivity? Sometimes it takes 5-10min to acquire from deep sleep. If your friend confirms that it is all alive and well, I won't worry too much till you get back.
My friend isn’t too good with technology. I asked him to drive it and he said the center screen is blank. But he could drive the car and saw systems powering up. That was 15 minutes ago and I still cannot see the range or odometer:(

My friend isn’t too good with technology. I asked him to drive it and he said the center screen is blank. But he could drive the car and saw systems powering up. That was 15 minutes ago and I still cannot see the range or odometer:(

Ask your friend the charge level he saw, if that looks normal, like a couple % per day less than u left it, then it is likely just fine. Don't stress too much about it as it is. It is not going to get worse while you are away and you can't fix it till you get back. May be all it takes is just need a reboot.

It kinda sounds like this:

Tesla Incapacitated on Xmas

If so, a reboot of the CID (press and hold the scroll wheels until the Tesla logo appears on the CID) seems to have fixed the problem for all the instances I know of (including mine). Whether you want your non-techie friend to try this or not...that’s your call. :)

Good luck!

Bruce.

I thought the MCU was reset with the scroll wheels. The CID is the buttons above the scroll wheels. No?

I left my car at airport and it went into deep sleep after 3 days. The app could not communicate with the car at all.
When I got back to it it woke up and all was good.

So it is normal ...if not a little concerning the first time it happens.

I thought the MCU was reset with the scroll wheels. The CID is the buttons above the scroll wheels. No?

Not quite. Rebooting the IC (instrument cluster == "dashboard screen") is done with the buttons above the scroll wheels.

The CID (center information display == "big touchscreen") is rebooted using the scroll wheel buttons. Some people (including myself) sloppily use CID and MCU (media control unit) interchangeably but I believe CID is the correct term in this case. The MCU contains the CID plus other subsystems that I'm not going to try to enumerate here, because I'll probably get it wrong. :p

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: jjh1234
Not quite. Rebooting the IC (instrument cluster == "dashboard screen") is done with the buttons above the scroll wheels.

The CID (center information display == "big touchscreen") is rebooted using the scroll wheel buttons. Some people (including myself) sloppily use CID and MCU (media control unit) interchangeably but I believe CID is the correct term in this case. The MCU contains the CID plus other subsystems that I'm not going to try to enumerate here, because I'll probably get it wrong. :p

Bruce.
The reset fixed it. After contacting Tesla they said it’s a known bug with the system update. I’m glad it was something small :)

Reactions: bmah