Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with text messages not displaying contact names just numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks

so I have iOS 15, and Tesla software version 2021.36.8.8. I am getting this persistent issue of text messages from known contacts not displaying the names, rather just their phone numbers. I’ve disconnected my phone nd repaired, and reboot my car. Any ideas folks.

Are the contacts available in the car (touchscreen)? You have to enable contact syncing and make sure the Tesla app has permission to access your contacts. You enable contact syncing on the Bluetooth settings screen in the car, and give permission in the iOS Settings for the app.

Are the contacts available in the car (touchscreen)? You have to enable contact syncing and make sure the Tesla app has permission to access your contacts. You enable contact syncing on the Bluetooth settings screen in the car, and give permission in the iOS Settings for the app.
Yeah contacts are available in the car which is weird. Contact syncing is enabled and i toggled on and off again to be sure.

Hi folks

so I have iOS 15, and Tesla software version 2021.36.8.8. I am getting this persistent issue of text messages from known contacts not displaying the names, rather just their phone numbers. I’ve disconnected my phone nd repaired, and reboot my car. Any ideas folks.
I'm using a Galaxy but instead of just showing the numbers one in ten times it shows a wrong name from my contacts.

Hi All,

This worked for me. Go into control panel > service > reset Bluetooth.

You’ll have to pair the device again as it forgets everything, just be aware it will take a while syncing with the older models but everything is back to normal for me thankfully.