TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Issue with the "Since Last Charge" tally

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by David29, Feb 19, 2016.

1. David29

David29 Member

I verified today when I charged that the "Since Last Charge" display is definitely showing incorrect mileage. I have been keeping a log of when I charge and noting the odometer reading, among other details.
    Today there was an error of about 10 miles (don't recall exactly) between what I had actually driven since the last charge and what the display said.
    So that makes me doubt the whole display -- No easy way to tell if the kW used is correct and the mileage error throws the wH/mile value into question.
    I had suspected this before, and made a point to check it today.

I am sure others have reported this, but "trips" and "charge" are such common terms that searching through the posts is a bit tedious, and there are more than 100 pages of posts about software 7.0/7.1, so sorry if I took the lazy route!

Anyone else verify this? Or has anyone reported this to Tesla?

2. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

3. David29

David29 Member

Charged today and looked at the distance traveled since the last charge in the Trips screen,m and calculated the same distance from the odometer. I log the ODO reading each time I charge.
    The two did not match. Furthermore, the odometer reading does not match my Trip "A," which I have never reset and which has always matched the odometer until today. Uh oh!
    I thought this was fixed but it apparently isn't

Anyone else noticed an issue around this?

4. David29

David29 Member

I think I have resolved at least part of this. I have figured out that my Trip "A" was not reading the same as my odometer. I may have reset it when i got the car. And there were a few miles (12) on the car when i took delivery. Factory testing and so on, as I understand it.
    So I have been incorrectly using the Odometer reading and Trip A value interchangeably. Consequently I was inconsistently calculating elapsed mileage. My error. So I do not believe that the "Since Last Charge" mileage is incorrect. My apologies for mis-reporting this and misleading folks.

I still have some concern about the energy use reported by the "Since Last Charge" screen, but I will dig into it deeper before trying to report it.