Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues after one week.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, I'm not a troll or a tesla short. I've been enjoying this car since I got it. I just wanted to share my list of problems I've noticed so far for new prospective buyers. I have a white RWD LR with EAP and 18s. VIN around 43000.

I was hoping more problems would have been worked out by 43k, but I also thought it was likely that problems could result from being built during the rush to 5k per week. "Faster faster faster!" leads to quality issues in any industry.

1. The windshield is optically incorrect. It warps the light coming through and gives things a ripple-effect.

2. The steering wheel leather is flawed on the left spoke. Sort of bunched up and looks like it could peel loose someday.

3. Small scratch in upper part of hood near windshield.

4. Rear bumper doesn't quite fit properly to the rear quarter of the car, creating some uneven gaps.

5. Loose rubber trim around the windshield exterior on the lower passenger side. The early build model 3 I rented months ago had this same issue except on the drivers side.

6. I also get a spring-like reverberation through the steering wheel when I go over bumps, almost like part of the suspension is loose. Not sure if this is a problem, but I don't remember feeling it in the Model 3 I rented earlier.

7. Drivers side mirror enclosure is a little loose compared to the passenger side.

8. Dried paint pimple on the lower part of the door, and a tiny missed paint section right at the edge of the front bumper. But neither of these are really visible so I'm not even going to mention them to tesla.

I love the car. Super excited to own it, and I expected some problems would need to be addressed. Just wanted new buyers to be aware that these flaws are still happening.

• Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Does your steering wheel look like mine? I'm trying to get Tesla to replace it. No luck though :(

Attachments

• 20180808_170930_HDR.jpg
    20180808_170930_HDR.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Funny
Reactions: adaptabl