Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues on delivery and with service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Home delivery can work fine if you let the driver know in advance that you plan to do a thorough inspection prior to signing off on the vehicle. Unfortunately most people don’t do this and they feel bad keeping the driver waiting while his Uber car is sitting there waiting to take him back.

Where home delivery doesn’t work is if there is anything wrong with the car. You don’t have a service center person to discuss your concerns with and the drivers are clueless. So you have to make a decision on the spot whether to accept the car or reject it without having anyone knowledgeable to talk to.

When I picked up my Model 3 at the delivery center this year the front and rear doors were not properly aligned. I was not sure how big of an issue it would be to fix it so I had the service center manager come over and look at it. He took the car back to the service center and fixed it in ten minutes. It was just the chrome trim piece that needed adjustment, not the door.

Point being, without him there to guide me along I’m not sure what I would have done. But I know the last thing I wanted to do was buy the car and then immediately schedule it for service and hope that they could and would fix it without it being a major hassle. None of that could have happened with home delivery.
Perhaps I took delivery during a non-crunch time. The driver of my car did not once seem rushed or rush me. She was very laid back and calmly photographed and documented the various gaps, alignment, and paint issues that I pointed out. I subsequently set a service appointment, stating the same things, and all of those items were addressed with no push-back.

Reactions: TOPSCRT and Sherlo
Hey Guys,

Talk me down here. I took delivery of a Model 3 SR+ in early December. First inspection found body panel gaps, bubbling paint and a cracked vanity mirror. Since it was dropped at my house, there wasn't a Tesla employee present to go over the car with me. I immediately notified my delivery coordinator. He passed the pictures along to the service center. The nearest service center is over an hour drive from my house. They cancelled the first appointment saying they didn't have the front fascia to do the job. They rescheduled. My issue is this. It's my responsibility to drive the hour plus to the center and sit around all day while they fix the car even though when I purchased it I was told I never had to worry about that. If they can't fix the car they said they would give me a Enterprise rental voucher. So let me get this straight. I bought an all electric vehicle so my wife could drive the 100 mile round trip commute to work without using gas and they intend to give us an ICE vehicle to drive while they fix their screw up? I love my car, but Tesla's customer service from the SA to the DA to the SC has been horrendous.
Enterprise also has Tesla cars. They use them in san rafael ca at the service center.

Home delivery can work fine if you let the driver know in advance that you plan to do a thorough inspection prior to signing off on the vehicle. Unfortunately most people don’t do this and they feel bad keeping the driver waiting while his Uber car is sitting there waiting to take him back.

Where home delivery doesn’t work is if there is anything wrong with the car. You don’t have a service center person to discuss your concerns with and the drivers are clueless. So you have to make a decision on the spot whether to accept the car or reject it without having anyone knowledgeable to talk to.

When I picked up my Model 3 at the delivery center this year the front and rear doors were not properly aligned. I was not sure how big of an issue it would be to fix it so I had the service center manager come over and look at it. He took the car back to the service center and fixed it in ten minutes. It was just the chrome trim piece that needed adjustment, not the door.

Point being, without him there to guide me along I’m not sure what I would have done. But I know the last thing I wanted to do was buy the car and then immediately schedule it for service and hope that they could and would fix it without it being a major hassle. None of that could have happened with home delivery.

Home delivery for me consisted of a car hauling service dropping the car off. It wasn't driven to me by somebody. He wasn't an employee of the company. He was just getting back in his car hauler and leaving

• Helpful
Reactions: TOPSCRT